JWs have more good points than bad

by lsw1961 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    LoveUniHateExams

paedophilia issue” is the reflection of countries in which JWs are found (if the pan is not baked properly, it will break down under fire—if individuals have not understood the WT teaching or Bible teaching on paedophilia, they will crash under pressure), hence it varies from country to country. There are countries where more number of paedophilia is reported whereas there are countries where no such incidents—not even one—is reported. I do not know any deliberate attempt on JW leadership to protect the predators. If they do, let the law of the land take its course. If JW policy is to protect the pedophilia—a dreaded mental disease—how come many others (who committed lesser mistakes) were not protected by the same JW protective policy you accuse them of?

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    Saintbertholdt

1) You are asking who that ex-PM was? I cannot reveal it (which may lead to my identity that would put me into trouble with my BOE). Bethel has its protective mechanism for long-time servants as they are lovingly taken care of till their death in rooms built near to Bethel infirmary.

2) You say “You have not addressed the matter of the control of and denying access to information.” You have to make some allowances to such inevitable evils as they are also human beings and have to protect the larger interest of an organization. I see the organization in its essence [preaching of God's kingdom], not in its details. Cultic aspects fall into details. You too were enjoying being a JW till the time you had tasted its punitive measures for which you provided the basis wittingly or unwittingly. After that, looking back at the organization through your hurt eyes will not give you correct vision. Transcend your personal hurt, you will be amazed at the results—you will not see your hurt, but will see the grand, beautiful, core cause the JW system stands for. Its all have to do with our view. When I reach New York's airport, I used to be asked to remove my shoes during the security checking process. I willingly start to remove my shoes. Often when had removed one shoe, the security officer said okay with a smile and told me to not remove the other shoe. Yet I find many fellow travellers criticize it or doing it murmuring. Why this difference? The reason is that I took the removing of my shoes as part of a discipline, at the larger interest of a great nation which stands for freedom, while others took it as an instance of being insulted.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    “paedophilia issue” is the reflection of countries in which JWs are found (if the pan is not baked properly, it will break down under fire—if individuals have not understood the WT teaching or Bible teaching on paedophilia, they will crash under pressure),

What utter bullshit.. of the 1,700 cases reported in Australia by the Royal Commission and throughout the world many were committed by long serving elders and ministerial servants and many committed the heinous acts against their own children despite a full understanding of so called Wash towel teachings..

Perhaps if it were your child who was abused you might feel differently.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Isw1961

Some clear, logical thinking would be nice here.

if individuals have not understood the WT teaching or Bible teaching on paedophilia, they will crash under pressure - understanding WT/Bible teaching on paedophilia is not needed. Sex with children is a crime, and society's last, and unbreakable, taboo. Nuff said.

I do not know any deliberate attempt on JW leadership to protect the predators - Watchtower has a 'two witness' rule. If a JW paedophile abuses a child and denies it, the child won't be believed because of this rule. The elders, supposedly loving shepherds, won't go to the police either. The family of the abused child will likely be discouraged from going to the police - the police and other authorities are supposedly under Satan's control, and JWs have a spiritual war to fight, remember.

All of this puts the Watchtower Society's reputation above the needs of abused children - disgusting!

Please respond further to this issue.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi lsw1961,

Cultic aspects fall into details.

The details they say, is where the devil resides. You have acknowledged two important points:

1. That shunning is wrong

2. Information control is in effect which you regard as a detail.

These two points are what most people on this site protest about. Why? Because it has negative lasting practical impacts upon their daily lives which the Watchtower organization perpetuates on purpose. If the two points mentioned above disappeared from the Watchtowers dogma most ex-Jehovah's Witnesses would not care about what the organization did or did not do or even believed.

After that, looking back at the organization through your hurt eyes will not give you correct vision. Transcend your personal hurt, you will be amazed at the results—you will not see your hurt, but will see the grand, beautiful, core cause the JW system stands for. Its all have to do with our view.

What you would have to remember is that this 'grand, beautiful, core cause' which you are promoting on this site is a promotion that you are not allowed to undertake under the Watchtowers own set of rules.

So what you are left with if you discard all the rules which you disagree with is basically worldwide promotion of the Bible. And here is where things get very interesting because:

When it comes to the core distribution of the Bible, the Watchtower organization is by far not the leading organization in this regard. Gideon International is by far the pinnacle organization.

Since its inception Gideon International has distributed: 1, 300, 000, 000 bibles

The Watchtower has distributed: 300, 000, 000 bibles

Regarding the Watchtowers other publications, none of these have lasting value because the dogma undergoes significant changes over time which makes the older publications valueless.

Every Bible that Gideon International has placed is usable from its first day to its very last.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    if individuals have not understood the WT teaching or Bible teaching on paedophilia, they will crash under pressure

Not sure I fully understand this response. Crash how?

What does the Bible teach about paedophilia? Quotes please, in context and about paedophilia. Doesn't the Bible command obedience to the superior authorites? What does the watchtower 'teach' about paedophilia? The GB (TOMO3, I believe it was), seem to blame homosexuals for it, for some bizarre reason. Why are they still sticking to the dangerous 2 witness rule?

hence it varies from country to country.

Examples appreciated, please.

I do not know any deliberate attempt on JW leadership to protect the predators.

That's right, you do not know of any. Leo Greenleas and Ewart Chitty of the governing body spring to mind though.

If JW policy is to protect the pedophilia—a dreaded mental disease—

(Mental disease or not, it's a crime)

how come many others (who committed lesser mistakes) were not protected by the same JW protective policy you accuse them of?

What do you mean by lesser mistakes? Any examples?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Isw1961

Equal monthly pay to all members of the Bethel community

I don't find this makes any difference to my life at all, or to my family or friends.

However, I did find that this did.

And no wonder. What good news they have to tell the people! They proclaim the good news that the millennial rule of Christ will begin with this generation and that it will mean ever so many blessings for the people :..Watchtower June 1 1968 page 331

Especially when linked with this

The good news about the Messianic kingdom of Jehovah’s “Servant” is better news today that it was nineteen hundred years ago, in apostolic times. In the face of the relatively small proportion of the world’s population that has put faith in the “thing heard” from us or proclaimed by us, it can truthfully be said: “They did not all obey the good news.” This explains the saddening state of the world of mankind today.” (Man's Salvation Out Of World Distress At Hand. 1975,WTBTSpage 48)

when it talks about having faith in this good news and prior to this paragraph it mentions Romans 10:16,17

As faith is the, 'assured expectation of things hoped for' I feel it could so easily have been detrimental to my faith when my grandfather and then my father passed away from old age without this good news coming true.

I think this probably overrides any good points in my view at the present time.

Many who were on the destructive path have been transformed by their teachings

I was raised as a Witness and although not on a destructive path as far as I'm aware, my life was transformed by their teachings such as the one I mentioned. Influencing my decisions in many areas of my life which have not proved to be a good influence. Those decisions have meant I have lost out on education, work and pensions. My father retired a lot earlier than I will be able to. He wasn't raised a witness as I think you may not have been reading this comment of yours.

'(this includes me who was once vicious, and presumptuous and atheistic)'

• lsw1961
    lsw1961
    Ucantnome

I am sorry for you. Jesus had said: “be cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.” You had plenty of examples among brothers and even among Elders. Not all of them were following WT teaching on higher studies blindly. They ensured their children go for higher studies and consolidate a firm position in the world materially. My dad was an Elder (born and brought up by witness parents), yet gave me a secular education of 19 years.

This shows one should take JW teaching in its essence, not in its details (which means: accept Kingdom Message, at the same time choose between other teachings—for example, ensure your own material independence flouting their teaching on higher studies for which there is no punitive measures taken). In Economics we say: do not put all the eggs in just one basket.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Isw1961

No need to feel sorry I had faith

I don't feel that

This shows one should take JW teaching in its essence

would be having faith and if I was like this it would be hypocrisy I think. To tell people the end is coming while I make preparation for it not coming claiming faith. lol

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Do you have faith in the good news Isw1961?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit