From the WTBS to... CHURCHS???

by DoubtingThomas 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
  • DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

IM- everyone in a close-knit group is in a CULT.

Churches included.

Look up the definitions to the words you're using...

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Atheists are a cult.

Anti-Jws are in a cult.

You're point again?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

YHWY does not equal "Jehovah".

The name "Jehovah" was invented when the tetragrammaton (YHWY) had the vowels from the word "Adonai" (Lord) added to get Yahweh.

About the 13th century the term “Jehovah” appeared when Christian scholars took the consonants of “Yahweh” and pronounced it with the vowels of “Adonai.” This resulted in the sound “Yahowah,” which has a Latinized spelling of “Jehovah.” The first recorded use of this spelling was made by a Spanish Dominican monk, Raymundus Martini, in 1270.

Jehovah is a man made name. It was created by a Catholic monk. The name Jehovah has been removed from most modern Bibles as it is not in the Bible and because it a made up name, that is to say, inaccurate translation.

Prayers to Jehovah are not prayers to The Lord or YHWH. You might as well be praying to Cthulu.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@ DT

According to you, we are ALL Trinities!

Of course..... made in the image of God.

The problem is that JW's do not believe what the bible says about themselves, and so they also reject the nature of God - also a tri-partite being..... like us. The WT taught us the exact same view about the nature of man as atheists & secularists believe: You are only made up of material matter and consciousness is not separate from the body.

In addition to the 1 Thess. verse I quoted earlier, other passages teach that we are made up of three parts - soul, spirit & body:

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow (the body)

Genesis 1:26-27

"Then God said "let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.... So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them"

According to this passage, God created man "in His own image". Reading the above passage, the question that has to be asked is what is the image of God? What does He look like? John 4:24 tells us: "God is Spirit"

God is not flesh but Spirit. That is His image. Therefore, when the Word of God tells us that God created man according to His image, it means that in addition to body and soul, man also had that which is the image of God i.e. spirit. In order to understand better the usage of the phrase "in his image", here is another place where this phrase occurs:

Genesis 5:1-3

"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, In the likeness of God made He him; Male and female created He them ; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth"

This passage says that Adam begat a son "in his own likeness, after his image". What does it mean? It means that as Adam was, so his son was i.e. as Adam had hands so Seth had hands. As Adam had feet so Seth had feet etc. As Adam was body and soul so Seth was body and soul.

Similarly, when the Word says that God created man "in his image", "in the likeness of God", what it means is that as God is, so Adam was. God is not flesh. He does not have feet, hands, head. He is spirit. So as God is spirit so Adam is spirit.

One could ask, why did God make Adam a spirit as well? The simple reason is that without spirit Adam could not communicate with God Who is spirit. God being spirit, communicates with our spirit.

"The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God".

You cannot receive the messages of a radio station unless you have a radio receiver. Body and soul are enough for things of the five senses. But when it comes to the things of God, what you need is spirit.

This is also explained in I Corinthians 2:14:

"But the natural [psuchikos in the Greek] man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him: nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

In this passage, the word translated "natural" is the Greek adjective "psuchikos", which comes from the noun "psuchi" which means soul. So, psuchikos means "a soul man" i.e. a man with body and soul only.

According to that passage a man who is only body and soul "does not receive the things of the Spirit of God". To communicate with God you need the appropriate receiver i.e. spirit. That's why the passage says: "nor can he (the man of body and soul) know them because they are spiritually discerned". The man of body and soul cannot know the things of God for the simple reason that such things have to do with the spirit, "they are spiritually discerned", and since he lacks spirit he cannot know them.

The spirit of man was corrupted by Adam and a corrupted spirit "receiver" was passed to his offspring.

This is why Jesus 3 times told Nicodemus "you must be born again".

The terms, soul, spirit & body are referred to with pronouns in scripture; showing that each (either individually or collectively) denotes personhood... such as in Rev. 6:9

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them"

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Let me know when you are more mentally stable by sending me a PM. I have the feeling that I know you personally! Your grammar is telling me something big time!

• DoubtingThomas
  • DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Sea Breeze- I never pay attention to cnps from Church Sites.

Let's try this; one accusation at a time!

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Iamallcool - you don't know me.

My number is 407-697-1306

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    DoubtingThomas

Atheists are a cult.

Anti-Jws are in a cult.

That's why I don't bother arguing with people on the term "cult" but add in that things like Jehovah's Witnesses are a "dangerous mind control cult."

Loosely, many groups have cult characteristics. But atheists are free to do as they please. Most Catholics are free to sin and don't get shunned by their grandmother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit