The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict - Josh Macdowel

by yxl1 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yxl1
    yxl1

Thanks guys. I've ordered the book from amazon, along with the book recommended by myxomatosis (The case for Christ)

I say take everyone’s opinion with a grain of salt. Read the book, research, and make up your own mind. Everyone has a bias based on their own experiences.

That is exactly what I intend to do. Its great that we're now allowed to read these apostate books without having to look over our shoulder. If anyone has any more recommendations, especially on the archaeological aspects of the boble, I'd be real grateful

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi yxI1.

Here are a few books I've read and can recommend.

The Bible Unearthed (Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman) - Uses archaeology to show that the bible was a product of later authors and redactors rather than historical facts.

Who wrote the bible - Richard Friedman. Uses the language of the bible to show how it was produced.

These books are a relatively easy read compared to others I have on these subjects.

• yxl1
    yxl1

Cheers City fan, I'll give these books a look.

Oh, good luck against Villa this w/e

• City Fan
    City Fan

ah - that was actually last weekend. Believe it or not City won 4-1. It's Fulham away this weekend.

I was thinking there are also a few good books on the Dead Sea Scrolls. These give a good account of the history and politics in Palestine around the time of Jesus. Look for authors like Vanderkam, Eisenman, Baigent and Leigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit