Memorable Field Service Moments

by Loris 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brummie
    Brummie

Fun thread!

I was on the service one day and as I went to go down the path of an elderly person a neighbor shouted "DONT you dare go there, that lady is an invalid and cant get out of her chair, she doesnt want to know!"

I said to the brother with me, "well I cant take the neighbors word for it, I will go to the door and post a tract through". When I was walking down the path, I saw through the window and an old lady DIVED out of her chair onto the floor. I panic thinking she has fallen and then I see this little old head bobbing up and down past the window hiding from us. For an invalid she moved pretty swift and seemed full of energy. She kept peering to see if we had gone away.

Anyhow, there are loads of fun stories like that, but I wont bore you.

Brummie

• simplesally
    simplesally

I remember when I got into the backseat of a two-door car and the slit in back of my dress split all the way up to my backside!!!

• simplesally
    simplesally

And when the asphalt was so hot it melted the rubber soles of my high heels right off!!! I am not kidding!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Loris and others, these stories are too funny, so....................BTTT

• Beans
    Beans

Knocking on a door Sunday morning while the party is still going on from Saturday night, a great sight for a JW youth as it inspired me to fullfill this achievable goal of also partying all night in later years!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• nelly1
    nelly1

ohh im so PMSL what a hilarious account of the trailor and the dogs ..man i wet my pants laughing,, whe ever said americans dont have a good sense of humour ohh boy..and the nik names like sister tagalong LOL and brother this and that lOLOLOL i love it !!!!!!!

well my one is that i was out on service with a single bro and we went to a house that had uneven concrete on the driveway..well i tripped and landed flat on my back..and he got a good veiw of what was under my dress.....LOL me with my sense of humour and being a bigger girl i said ohh my goodness the angel that broke my fall will be back in heaven recovering hahahahaha

he pissed himself laughing.

ya gotta love a good laugh huh?

• micheal
    micheal

The elder who took our field service group decided he wanted to work door to door all morning. Anyway when he got up off the chair all of us noticed something sticking out of his pants. Yes, his shirt was sticking out of his zipper. I was the only other brother there so all the sisters were laughing but also asking me to say something to him. I said no way, this was the same guy who consistantly gave me flack for no reasons. So bottom line he went door to door all morning with his shirt sticking out of his fly.

• Loris
    Loris

nelli1

I have tears in my eyes.Visit Smiley Central! That poor angel!Visit Smiley Central! And the single brother he must have been beside himself. You are probably guilty of giving him impure dreams. TOOOOOOO funny.

Good on you Micheal. Revenge is so hard to come by. What a golden opportunity! Visit Smiley Central!Visit Smiley Central!

Thanks everyone these are gems.

Loris

• Gadget
    Gadget

These stories are brilliant, so funny. I've had a few garden gates disintegrate when I've trid to open then, but then funniest was when we were on the way to the territory. We only had one car so my dad made two trips, and he didn't notice I was still in the backseat when he went back for the others because I was sitting directly behind him. He started talking to himself and nearly crashed the car when he heard a voice answer his question......

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Memory #1:

Well... in my younger years... when I was about 21 or so, I was only working part-time, so had the weekdays free to go out in that there field service.

I have developed the habit of drinking my breakfast... as a protein shake - and during this phase was into chocolate shakes. Of course, I was dressed in my white shirt and tie, and we were leaving the parking lot - the 'sister' was driving - and as she left the lot, drove over a 'bump' getting onto the street.

I just hapened to be taking a swig of breakfast, and it spilled all over me. She laughed so hard I think tears were in her eyes. I was just trying to dab the chocolate off my white shirt. In retrospect... yeah... it was really funny.

Memory #2:

I'll have to relate this one second-hand, as I was not the observer... but! knowing my brother, I could see it.

My brother has always been a bit clumsy, and the 'sister' (same one as above), was dropping off publishers - my brother was one of them. He used one of those floppy bookbags for magazines, and as he was exiting the vehicle dropped it.

He went down to the ground to retrieve it, and simultaneously shut the car door... only... somehow in the process got his tie caught in the shut door - about two inches from his chin.

This 'sister' and her daughter were in tears describing the scene, as my brother - choking - reached up from his squatting position outside the car trying to feel for the door handle, so that he could open the door to free himself.

As he opened the door, he stood up... smoothing his tie, bookbag in hand - going on his way to go door-knocking.

The two gals in the car? I think they almost wet themselves they were laughing so hard.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit