Yet another example of how silly the Bible is...

by Abaddon 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Seems to me that the male angels went for looks and the female angels had more sense. Sounds pretty human, to me

Jason, feel free to blaspheme God all you like, but I'd appreciate it if you cut down on the language, and bear in mind that to some of us you are cussing our Daddy. If he doesn't exist, as you claim, then you have nothing to lose by giving some of us a little respect.
    Cheers, buddy

• sleepy
    sleepy

"If an angel sins, it is because he meant it."

I belive this is the source of the problem, how can any being sin without the drives or urges to do so.Can you or an angel(if they exist) just do something even if there is no desire to do so?

If gods creatures can just flip at anytime and say lets do this or that without any motivating urge then we are all potentially compleatly unstable and capable of any crime or goodness at random.

Doesn't that make god a bad designer?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abaddon:
    Genesis is only one of 66 books, and one that was likely a compilation of earlier works, anyhow. Your thread title disparages all 66.

Even if Jesus is only a nice man, there's very little "silly" about what he is recorded as saying.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sleepy

Maybe it's those overly energetic gamma rays that that cause abberation in angels as well as humans;) God should have eliminated those, rather than people and angels.

SS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    there's very little "silly" about what he is recorded as saying.

True, but there are things. Like why the hell did he curse a fig tree?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Littletoe

What about the contradictions to which i referred??

SS

• logansrun
    logansrun

Hey, you've gotta love The Flood.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((The Flood))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks, The Flood. You destroyed all my faith.

Bradley

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SS:Gizzachance, I was busy replying - LOL...

You are quoting a parable, not an allegory.
    He never applied it to himself, but he did make the hearers think about the kingdom being distant, and the necessity to use their gifts wisely.

How do you interpret v14 as occuring, if every jot and tittle of the story is to be taken literally?

If you reply to this, I'll reply again later, as I'm going out, and late, besides...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Bradley!

• logansrun
    logansrun

Is that a picture of an angel in Little Toe's beard???

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit