(Warning, rant enclosed) I feel like my brain is turning to mush.....

by razorMind 23 Replies latest jw friends

• razorMind
    razorMind

I'm going to carefully print out every post here, and paste them into a journal (thanks to whoever suggested journaling thoughts!) So I can read them whenever I feel the need to.

I read the accounts here as well as on TV and in the paper, about people who overcome incredible obstacles and get degrees, etc. Gambit, I've felt that very same trepidation just going into the college store to get a class catalog and seeing all these babies swarming around--all looking like they know exactly where to go and what to do. "Credit hours" and college lingo (just what the hell IS a credit hour? Why does that stuff have to be SO confusing?)

As much as I dislike my department, I know I'll never again get the opportunity to attend a university (VCU, btw) like this. Really, it's the only reason I decided to return to this job. I mean, for the exact same position I quit to be there vacant and available after a 6-month absence---sometimes I think God was trying to tell me something.

In spite of the boredom and idiotic drama that goes on, it's definitely tolerable (hopefully for the next few years) Some days I have to repeat the mantra: "I'm only here for school...I'm only here for school.."

I know it's time to stop talking and make some decisions.These are some of the most inspiring words I've read. I'll be taking these posts to work with me, in my journal. You folks are incredible. I'm speechless.....

• sens
    sens

((((Razor))))

3 Sens 4

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hello Razormind! One thing I've noticed is that people who are raised in a high control cult that discourages higher education and then leave: they have an amazing appetite for learning! The world is so new and fresh that they want to absorb it all at once! I feel the same way at times. When I try and broach subjects that appeal to me I'm met with blank stares. Not that I dislike these people but, they don't challenge me. I do have some advice as far as the art world goes since it's the area I work in. It's a tough road to hoe and it will take some work to make inroads but, it's very rewarding. Not necessarily financially but personally. I love what I do and even though I don't make a ton of money, that personal joy in loving your career is more important. Congrats and good luck with the new baby! Being a mother is whole nother career but worth it nonetheless!

~Aztec

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

RazorMind--dont forget to check your PM(s)....

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit