Name Thelogy explained by real bible scholar

by Steel 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano

In the New Testament being a witness of Jesus is mentioned over 20 times....... being a witness of Jehovah is not mentioned at all. And only once in the Old Testament.

Besides which their was no J in the Jewish alphabet up to 400 plus years ago.

Sorry guys but Jehovah and Jesus were not their proper names after the Latin alphabet took over. Getting Latinized is a bitch.

The name of God used most often in the Hebrew Bible is YHWH ( י ה ו ה), also known as the Tetragrammaton (Greek for "four-letter [word]"). Hebrew is an abjad, so the word's letters Yōd, Hē, Vav, Hē are usually taken for consonants and expanded to Yahweh in English.

Jesus' name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.

To this day we are not even close to understanding God and Jesus's names.
    Your prayers or messages aren't answered if you can't call the person you worship by their proper name. They don't pick up the phone.

It was Rutherford ( a drunk) who decided to use the name Jehovah as in Jehovah's Witnesses. By doing that he did not get the singular message out that being a witness for Jesus would have been. People could understand a witness for Jesus.......but Jehovah? To this day.......not really.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Acts 28:28 “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” Judaism and its revelations died AD 70

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

This "real" scholar has obviously reduced Jesus' declaration of the divine name. Here is what he really preached on just about every occasion.

You people do not know my Father's name...so I am going to reveal it to you now and every chance I get because I know how forgetful people can be. Here it is. My Father's name is Jehovah. Now you know. Don't ever say that I didn't tell you so. You can call him Yahweh too. You can even say his name is Yohavo if you wish. It really doesn't matter as long as you call him something. One day my Father will find a group to retore the pronounciation and use of this name so that people can repeat it over and over in every sermon and magazine they produce to prove that they are the only ones who know God. I mean how can you know God if you don't even know his first name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit