Name Thelogy explained by real bible scholar

by Steel 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steel
    Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUf_6bp-ckE&t=205s

Its only 5 mins and kind of a Eureka moment for me. Its actually pretty funny once you think about it.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Jesus the living Temple reveals the glory of God

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t know any JW, or anyone else, who thinks that Jesus “made an announcement” that God’s name is Yahweh/Jehovah. This guy says it’s an absurd idea. He’s right, it’s absurd, but who actually thinks it anyway? Pretty bizarre clip.

• Steel
    Steel

I have run into plenty of JWs who think the most important thing Jesus did was give us the missing vowels of the Tetragrammaton which were then removed by false religion.

I kid you not , the entire religion is a big game of wheel of fortune.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This is great, thanks for sharing. JWs DO use this scripture as a common proof text to say that Jesus commonly used the name Jehovah even though there is no record of it.

• Steel
    Steel

Let’s say your a contractor or small business owner in a small community. Why do you do good work or charge fair prices ? It’s cause your name is at stake. Your name represents what you are.

Jesus is called the image of god. The exact representation of the father.

Jesus saying I have made your name known or thank you for the name you have given me has more to do with this kind of thing than providing the missing vowels of the Tetragrammaton.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Jesus had no need to provide the missing vowels of the Tetragrammaton. While the many references to the name of God indicate it was still in use at that time, even if it was not we know that the High Priest would pronounce it every year on the Day of Atonement.

In addition, later writers of the Hekhalot literature, such as Greater Palaces, Lesser Palaces, Account of the Chariot, and Divine Dimensions show that even after prohibition it continued to be used in some circles.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    slimboyfat13 hours ago
    I don’t know any JW, or anyone else, who thinks that Jesus “made an announcement” that God’s name is Yahweh/Jehovah. This guy says it’s an absurd idea. He’s right, it’s absurd, but who actually thinks it anyway? Pretty bizarre clip.

No he's saying that (I assume) witnesses are Jesus "foot step followers" - yet always say first and foremost they come to make gods name known to people (& it is kind of the first thing you're taught).

Yet he's saying it's ridiculous because everyone knows gods name and always has done.

That's why he makes that absurd analogy...its stupid! If they purport to follow Jesus example, It's therefore stupid for witnesses to do it.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Philippians 2:9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior positionn and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,o 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the groundp 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lordq to the glory of God the Father. (NWT)

Even the NWT says Jesus has been given a name abover every other and we should "openly acknowledge" that Jesus is Lord.

• LV101
    LV101

Steel - thx for the video - I'll watch later today but I like this guy. Someone on here follows him and referenced him previously. He's quite a scholar and interesting - not that I'm a believer but doubt he'd agree with the cult on much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit