Transcript: Beware of the Voice of Strangers

by Scully 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My favorite has to be this one...

So we listen to Jehovah, by listening to the Fine Shepherd, Christ Jesus. And we do that, today, by listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yaddi-ya-di-ya!

When I heard it at our Convention I thought "And what if the stranger's voice is the WTS? What then?"

• mizpah
    mizpah

The Society only reacts like this when something is having a profound affect upon its membership. So, the very fact that it has devoted time to the subject indicates a serious problem. For someJWs, this will only peak their curiosity to investigate sites such as this one.

The Society's influence is only relative. Obviously, it can not stop the ones who seek information in the privacy of their homes. The computer continues to be a great instrument for those who will not be confined to an authortarian regime such as the Watchtower Society.

• minimus
    minimus

What struck me right away was the expression, "the apostates". It was not "apostates" it was "the apostates"......It sounds like a specific group that have banded together to slyly affect the sheep-----"the apostates".

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

interesting transcript. Funny how the Borg-Org is always twisting and never admits the real truth on many issues.................

• micheal
    micheal

While reading this the underlying message that I see, especially being away from this crap for a little while now is, HATE. A strong dislike of other human beings. Wow am I ever glad to get away from this negative, hateful propaganda. Thank you everyone involved for posting this. It is a strong reminder of where my mind used to be.

• heathen
    heathen

Sounds like more attempts at mind control to me . If they don't want to talk to strangers then don't go knocking on their doors . I mean jeeze get real here , the people on the web are the very people they wind up talking to at the doors anyway . I can't see how it's less a danger to send women and children knocking on a strangers door then to visit the web. This is really the only place to find out about the WT mentality throughout the history of the organization. They really sound like they are more afraid of the strange history of the org. than anything else .

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ann:

When I heard it at our Convention I thought "And what if the stranger's voice is the WTS? What then?"

Yep! Quite a revelation, isn't it?

Scully, et al...thanks for your work on putting this together, and Hamas, thanks for hosting it on your site.

Craig

• Prudence
    Prudence

Scully, Nosferatu, Hamas, Euphemism, Odarade thanks for your team work in putting this together.

As I was reading this, I just kept hearing - close your mind , close your mind or die. Hate, hate, hate everyone

who isn't a jw. I'm so glad I will never have to go to another meeting or convention ever again!

Prudence

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Does anyone remember the John Carpenter movie "They Live!" (1988)?

When people put on the special 'sunglasses', the reality was revealed and everything could be seen for what it really was (namely, the world was infested with aliens!).

But the particularly noteworthy part was how all the innocent-looking billboards contained subliminal messages in big letters, like "CONFORM", "SUBMIT", "DON'T THINK".

It reminds me of that.

<--- Ann with her "They Live" shades on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit