A Gentle Reminder

by COMF 56 Replies latest social relationships

• COMF
    COMF

...or, for those who haven't seen it before, some clarifying information. If you're an old timer and you saw it before, perhaps you've just forgotten.

At any rate, I thought some of you might have some confusion--and perhaps irritation--put to rest by reviewing this. Scroll down to my post, please.

COMF

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/35020/1.ashx

• Aztec
    Aztec

What exactly are you saying COMF? If you hurt Lisa's feelings I am gonna drive down there and hurt you! If not....good! :-)

~Aztec

• COMF
    COMF

What exactly are you saying COMF?

I just don't know how to make it any plainer than the post in that linked thread.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ummm...hmmmmmm...bastard

~Aztec

• riz
    riz

i could never handle an open relationship. i ain't sharing with anybody. i'm just selfish like that, i suppose.

(((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))) if you're reading this and you are hurt, i'm sorry. you are an amazing lady and you deserve the best.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I agree with COMF, but marriage is the exception. If both people agree to be monogamous, then so be it. Otherwise I think that as long as everyone involved knows from the get-go that they can sleep around, then there shouldn't be a problem.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Sometimes my breakfast is orange juice and a bagel with cream cheese. Sometimes it's eggs over medium with picante sauce, bacon and hash browns. Sometimes it's waffles with butter and honey. If I wake up to scrambled eggs today, is that a betrayal of the bagel and cream cheese? Is my relationship with cream cheese diminished as a result of the indulgence of my taste buds with picante sauce?

Are people and breakfast foods a good comparison? I imagine when you add sentience and intelligence to the equation it gets a bit more complicated.

• COMF
    COMF

Note, too, the date of that posting.

Ummm...hmmmmmm...bastard

Care to elaborate, Aztec? Explain your response to me.

as long as everyone involved knows from the get-go

That would be the crux of the matter, wouldn't it... to be sure everyone involved understands exactly how things are, and to give them the option of extracting themselves from the relationship if they don't want it that way. Thanks for pointing that out, Stinky.

Are people and breakfast foods a good comparison?

In the context in which I used the comparison, yes, they are. The illustration works. For the sentient aspects of it, see the rest of the post, and the linked pages by A.M. Lindbergh.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

OTS-

Complicated yes, but if the parameters are set from the very start, how can one argue? COMF is trying to be upfront. If he knows that he cannot or will not settle down with one woman, at least he has the decency to let that be known. Should he instead be untrue to himself?

One of those complications though, is chemical. We women not only have a tendency towards psychological attachment, but in addition we have a chemical one. This is unfortunate because some women might agree to COMF's parameters and then unexpectantly get attached chemically. . .

• Panda
    Panda

I think that women often believe that once a man is in a relationship with THEM he'll want to make it monogamous. If a woman doesn't want an open relationship and the man says that's all he's up for, well you just shouldn't be together. People don't really change for other people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit