Finally OUT

by heianderen 19 Replies latest jw friends

• heianderen
    heianderen

Hi everybody,

I'm writting this post to comunicate you all that I finally DA myself. Now it is a hard time for me. The announcement was made this last friday, and I have known that there was a lot of people crying after that meeting. I feel VERY sorry for them, I find it so unfair, me suffering the lost of my friends, and they also suffering for me..... I'm also very afraid of the "world", I'm a shy person. My personal experience with my congregation is positive. It seems that they are specially open-minded. This has something to do with the elders spirit of my ex-cong. For example, I was alowed to bear a beard (a goatee), and at the same time serve as a attendant in the main hall of the Circuit Assembly, I also was alowed to do taichi, I personally know the elders (some of then are/was my friends) and they are of the sincere/no pharisee like/ type. Before, they make the announcement, I was visited by two elders, one of them was about to cry. (He is a sincere man, I feel sorry for him, he has been depressed for 20 years, and his wife has cancer) I think this congregation spirit is far better than the Organization as a whole. (or much better than the spirit that the Org promulgates)

This made my decision harder to make. But I can't endure it anymore, I don't belive it, JW aren't better that anyone, I've seen the hipocresy, the inconsistencies, and the lies, and the absurdities. I can believe in this religion anymore, I've been doing research for several years, I've overcome a lot of fears (fear of armagedon, fear of being wrong, fear of demons, etc...), I've also losed something (a glorious vision of future, a whole world view, a lot of friends, a God, etc...) I also gained my freedom. I'm free to think, I'm free to explore ideas, that makes happy, my familty ,even though they are JW, support me, they won't shun me, even my sister in law respect my decision and treat me with dignity. I think that I'm lucky.

I will post my personal history soon. (Evidently, english isn's my mother language, and it is not easy to me to write in english,)

_Heianderen_

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    my familty ,even though they are JW, support me, they won't shun me, even my sister in law respect my decision and treat me with dignity. I think that I'm lucky.

Yes, you are lucky.

Welcome to freedom! And welcome to the board. I look forward to your contributions.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

welcome to the board!!! everyone here is so nice, you'll make friends in no time flat, i'm quite shy as well and i know how tough that can be. oh, and we have several posters here who speak english as a second language, so no worries there!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Dang your English is better than mine!

Great post and I look forward to more, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote and the elders sound great from your ex cong. They are just victims too huh.

Welcome aboard

Brummie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, heianderen!!

Your English is much better than my Spanish, which is almost non-existent!

Welcome to freedom from serving men. It's a bit lonely and scary at first, but it gets better. I will definitely read your life story when you post it.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Heianderen,

I'm glad you've gained your freedom. Sorry, for the hard time that you're going through. It will eventually get easier.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will meet some good honest people here.

(English is my mother language, and I still have a hard time getting it right.)

pseudo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Mucho gusto a conocerlo! I'm glad you're here! You will find the support you need in this forum.

Welcome!

Nina

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I'm also very afraid of the "world", I'm a shy person.

It's almost like starting over again. You're going to learn things that you've never learned all your life, but should have. The JWs keep you from exposure to REALITY. You're going to have to adapt yourself to everything you've been "sheltered" from; holidays, friends, "questionable" activities and entertainment, etc. It's going to feel incredibly awkward at first, but continual exposure to everything will make it easier. You are preparing yourself for a new journey in life. Go out, and change something about your appearance that you've always wanted to try (ie grow your hair long, get your ear pierced, get some new clothes). Do your best not to look down on this situation, get some excitement flowing in you! You have a great new future ahead of you! There's lots to do and experience. Make the best of it! Good luck on your new adventure!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Como te va... gracias por la informacion y buenvenidos. (es mi espanol in todo, mas o menos) ....

Thanks for sharing your story... you have a great support group here as you transition yourself back into the real world.. by the way... tu ingles is excellante! (mi espanol no es)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome, Heianderen!

I understand your fear of the world.... the WTS instills a completely unjustified fear of worldly people into its members. It's just one of the control methods they use to try and retain people. You will find, however, that the world has more genuinely wonderful and loving people than any congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit