Prediction of how Watchtower going to be in 5 Years.

by Foolednomore 68 Replies latest jw friends

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

What IS a meditation center?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I imagine the scene. 200 years from now, a born in(TM) (Because there won't be any new converts from outside), asks an Elder(tm), 'When will the end be?'

The Elder replies, 'Soon. No wait. Did you hear that?'

Born in, 'Hear what?'

Elder, 'That sound was the generations overlapping(tm) again. So you'll have to wait, but it'll be very soon now.'

And so, the 14 people left in the organisation(tm), were waiting again.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DISILLUSIONED JW:

Please don’t take offense. I was speaking in generalities when I said many JWs either don’t know or don’t much care what is being taught. (We aren’t using our real names here and nobody knows who you or your family are.)

It’s true there are so many teachings there it takes an unusual person to keep track. But, the Witnesses I know certainly are not in this category and are just ‘there’. They would probably get tongue-tied if you asked them an intelligent question about their beliefs.

I still believe the religion was psychologically harmful to me anyway. But, my observation was that not everybody was equally damaged by the religion. It was hit and miss and depended on who you were. Some people are perfectly happy there. Let them stay there. I’m just glad I’m out 21 years. I was only TOO happy to forget most of the useless teachings there and only recall the few basic ones.

I also believe the ‘loyalty’ thing is not just about control but because they want to keep people from leaving when they are stumbled or things don’t make sense..Of course, this doesn’t necessarily work because there is a steady exodus of people - especially lately. I hope it continues.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Jw's these days know nothing as to what they believe. They follow a script. Take away the script, they are lost. All they know is Jw.org.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I have been on exjw Reddit. So many young people see thru/ behind the curtain, no problemo.

After "this" generation turns 18, I believe there will be a big surprise.

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Its amazing to me how this sick religion or so called religion recycles its trash. by their fruits you will know them.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Cha Ching- yes I could not wait till I was out from under control of my Jw parents.

The new generation just will not buy Watchtower crap anymore.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

luckynedpepper, I don't know what the WTS means by "Meditation Center", only that it was said they are building something which they call a "Meditation Center". We know they are building a "Media Center" and it is said they are now also building a different kind of center.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

LongHairGal, I was not offended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit