New Word Coined In April 2016 WT!

by Naoscillator 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Pffft....what were they thinking?? it should have been Cannanite-esque or Cannanite-ish or even Cannanit-ey. Cannanitelike is a bit of a stretch if you ask me.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie: I have seen the word "canaanitelike" used in research/biblical books about the canaanites.

That means the WT writers have been reading apostate books for research!

• blondie
    blondie
    The WTS has been using non-jw research books for years as resources. Now if Penton, Ray Franz, Jonsson are the authors................apostate would be appropriate, but not necessarily non-jw research.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Would it have killed them to say, "Don't behave like the Canaanites." ?

Kinda makes me want to meet the writing committee. It would be interesting to put a face on the Genius who thunk it up. :)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You're right Blondie.

I should have written: That means the WT writers have been reading and "researching" in books written by and for member of Babylon the Great, false religion!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

3rdgen: Would it have killed them to say, "Don't behave like the Canaanites." ?

Your prose is definitely an improvement over the clunky WT writing, much smoother.

Except the WT is not just interested in controlling behavior, they want to control thoughts. Read again the original quote:

• We must strive to remove any trace of Canaanitelike thinking from our lives.

-

I find it equally odd that it says "from our lives" and not "from our minds."

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Oub, Maybe it was a Freudian slip of sorts. Like they meant to say, "We must remove all traces of thinking (at all) from our lives.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's better, 3rdgen.

Please don't let such a rookie-error happen again. Just listen, obey and be blessed as the thinkingest people on Earth (that somehow never think their own thoughts).

Now isn't that happifying?

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

Interesting facts, Blondie. Seems like somebody in the writing dept. has been reading Rashi!

It's just another case of WT writers feeling so bound to their established WT-speak "style" that what should be a straightforward bit of counsel turns into a confusing and ultimately meaningless verbal double-knot.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Canaanitelike? Words like that are used by Watchtower because itssocultlike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit