Wow i do not reconize this religion anymore...

by _Morpheus 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ stuckinarut2:

LOL! You got me on that one!!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If this is true, this truly sounds like they're emulating other churches. Go to any somewhat large 'non-denominational' church and you'll see the same sort of activities - Christian Pop/Rock, televised baptism and everything on digital screens. I have been gone for ~6 years and I would definitely not recognize it. I don't understand how this abrupt change doesn't wake up more people.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I posted on another thread a while back something I had read in RW's The Free Minds Journal not too many years ago.

It seems it was a Brother Morris -- name rings a bell -- who was speaking in Los Angeles, Calif., stating that many changes were in the works. What I do clearly recall is his saying many would not be happy with the changes.

Little could we imagine what a turn the WTB&TS would take.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If this is true, this truly sounds like they're emulating other churches.

Yeah, why should the devil have all the good music!

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Not surprising actually. When the modern day Pharisees take control of something this is always the end result. The Masters of Hollywood and the Entertainment Industry have got all the angles worked out to perfection in order to rake in the dough. The Monarch Butterfly as a symbol of the trauma based mind control sex slave program is significant as well. The Jdubs are already well conditioned to spy on others suspiciously and to "report" any signs of potential apostasy. Yep, Orwell's 1984 pretty closely aligns with the New World Order and it would appear that WTGBborg plans to be part of it...

The End must be very near.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

To highlight just how unaware the R&F are to all the changes. I had my ultra orthodox PIMI cousin look me straight in the face and say the society has never been anti internet or anti social media. I just give up.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Celebrating 20 Years: 1997 to 2017

1997 - watchtower.org:

Kingdom Ministry November 1997

Good News on the Internet

In our technological age, some people obtain information from electronic sources, including the Internet. So the Society has put on the Internet some accurate information about the beliefs and activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Our Internet Web site has the address http://www.watchtower.org and contains a selection of tracts, brochures, and Watchtower and Awake! articles in English, Chinese (Simplified), German, Russian, and Spanish, as well as in other languages. The publications on this Web site are already available through the congregations and are in use in the ministry. The purpose of our Web site is, not to release new publications, but to make information available to the public in electronic format. There is no need for any individual to prepare Internet pages about Jehovah’s Witnesses, our activities, or our beliefs. Our official site presents accurate information for any who want it.

Although our site has no provision for electronic messages (E-mail), it lists postal addresses of branches around the globe. Thus people can write to obtain more information or to receive personal assistance from Witnesses locally. Feel free to share the above Internet address with any who might be inclined to begin learning Bible truth from this format.
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Old Navy THANK YOU! People think I'm splitting hairs for raising the subliminal monarch butterfly imagery in WT material.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Of course they've been anti internet, they're just pro their site. Remember, everything is bad unless they are the ones doing it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I swear, the Org is getting weirder and weirder with each passing week.

@ OrphanCrow...

..."scare the bejehovah"...

I gotta remember that one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit