The "apostacy stigmatisation" of doing research!

by stuckinarut2 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

millie210 - "The ONLY good thing I can see about the dumbing down of the JWs is in the natural progression of things, you will end up with only dummies..."

Hoo boy, that takes me back.

It was a distinct (in retrospect) wake-up moment in realizing that if the Org kept insisting on the standards they were, they were going to end up with a "World-Wide Body" of morons.

At the time, I couldn't understand how the Org could ever think they'd benefit from that.

Of course, I hadn't yet realized that they didn't particularly want a rank-and-file who was overly intelligent.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Please let 7 people you don't know think for you. It's what dog wants.

The Slovenian word for God is Bog. Weird things you find out watching people swearing on TV on holiday. I know, small things........

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Good Bog Almighty!"

"The power of Bog compels you!"

"Bog-dammit!"

• Lieu
    Lieu

Doesn't apostate literally translate as "runaway slave"?

Kinda worrisome when a religious groups leaders think you're it's slave. Hmmm. They higher ups do seem to have a master-slave mentality towards the general members.

"Do more" *whip cracks* "Do more" ...

Boss a few just ran away

Cut them off! Those apostates!

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    I know JW's who will do more research to try and justify ignoring doctor's orders than to verify if God really wants them to shun their family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit