Does Anybody Here Sympathize With The Looters That Cause Destruction?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I realize some here are diehard democrats. Whether you are democrat, Republican or independent, do you support any of these looters that cause mayhem and destruction for their cause?

I have heard some people sympathize with these law breakers saying they understand why they do what they do and leave it at that.

Of course I wonder how they would feel if THEIR own property was burnt or stolen or destroyed.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Again: In the United States of America, peacefully protesting is a protected right which is enshrined into the US Constitution via the First Amendment.

Rioting and looting are crimes which should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It's a logical mistake to conflate the two.

This is not a Republican or Democrat thing; it's a Constitutional thing.

Protesters are law-abiding citizens. Rioters and looters are criminals.

• minimus
    minimus

Rioters are often wrongly identified as protesters.

• vienne
    vienne

looting is a criminal act. I do not support it.

• minimus
    minimus

Sympathizers include judges and DAs who merely give a slap on the wrist or outrightly dismiss charges of “demonstrators “ who break the law.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I support the proper use of force to bring rioters and looters to their knees and to justice

• waton
    waton

I was in a demonstration , against the commies in 1953.

I have a slight sympathy for the current cause, but (not criminals provoking police into confrontation and bering shot in the process) but

once you have been in a mob, you should know that you then became a part of a bigger animal, and you will do terrible things. so:

twice aught and you are responsible because you joined.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m a democrat, and IN NO WAY do I support lawless acts of looting. As a matter of fact, I think the next time we have looting, the police should SHOOT TO KILL those thieves, criminals, lawless animals running amuck in society. If this happens once or twice, these thugs will think twice before looting.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I absolutely do not. I think they're punk-ass thugs. I disagree with Biahi. I don't want the police to shoot to kill. I wish there were some way to shoot with a bullet that is initially non-lethal, but that causes slow death so they would be aware that they're dying for what they've done.

• minimus
    minimus

Bi, that’s one way of dealing with looters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit