Did You Get Invited to the Memorial?

by Ding 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    I've received more pressure to attend the memorial this year than ever before. My decision not to go did not go over well and I don't know what to expect from the JW's in my family now. Some of them already shun me even though I'm not baptized, so maybe all of them will shun me now. That will just be more proof to me that their love is conditional. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Nope.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I guess I could have picked one up from one of the watchtower trolleys that I pass. But in terms of someone actually sending me an invitation the answer is no. Which does not surprise me, I am totally off the WTs radar.
  • Ding
    Ding
    I never cease to be amazed by how many people attend an annual "meal" where no one partakes of anything...
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For the first time since starting our "fade" we did not get an invitation......So we did not attend. Why go some event where you are not really welcomed?

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    My family would invite Lucifer before they invite me, I haven't receive one in over 10 years.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

I went to two back-to-back Memorials. A sister whom I knew (but didn't recognize me) handed me an invitation to the special talk. I said, "Hi, sister X," and she did a double take. I do not look like a JW.

It was good seeing old friends again.

CC

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Nope they were in my street a few weeks ago but they didn't call here. I'm obviously a very scary apostate.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I'm not avoided by Dubs, and am welcomed into their homes, but I haven't been invited to a memorial for well over a decade.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    No invite this year. hopefully, I'll never be asked again. I'll never return, it would be stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit