Did You Get Invited to the Memorial?

by Ding 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

I'm just wondering if JWs keep inviting you back or if they've given up on you.

They haven't invited me for years.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    no, did it already pass?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I did, but this is my first memorial as anything other than a regular publisher.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I had three
  • Ding
    Ding
    It's tonight, March 23.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Memorial season, just like constipation and all of WT's failed prophecies - it will pass.

But no, no invite.

I am pretty sure there was movement at the station and word has got around that "......whisper, whisper.... shh. Have you heard.....sparrowdown is a ....is a........apostate!"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Nope. We're devastated....NOT!
  • Witness My Fury
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    They have given up on me. 8 years out, first year no invite.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

YES.

Many JWs on Facebook responded to my words of thanks and love for their kindness to me over the years. I live a long ways from the KH and was assured I would get there tonight if I had no transportation.

I will be attending two Memorials because I need to see friends and family before I die. I say that in all sincerity, without wishing to sound maudlin. These people have meant the world to me, going back as far back as 50 years. If they were in trouble because of their faith -- the one that I have abandoned -- I would be there for them.

Despite the butterflies in my stomach, I am hoping that, by this evening, the winged creatures will all be flying in formation.

Best regards, whatever you end up doing.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit