New Kingdom Hall at Flowery Branch, Georgia USA

by darkspilver 23 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

External photos have previously been posted here

4442 J M Turk Road, Flowery Branch GA 30542

From The Gainesville Times:

Jehovah's Witnesses open new kingdom hall in Flowery Branch

The new Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall on J M Turk Road in Flowery Branch implements a new construction design.

A large plot of land on J M Turk Road in Flowery Branch was once covered by a forest, but has been cleared away in the last year to make room for a new Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Hall. The hall opened in May after eight months of construction, said one of the congregation elders Robert Rankin.

The Flowery Branch kingdom hall was designed with a more modern, "educational center look," Rankin said. "This is the new design," he said. "You used to build them with a more residential look, with the sloped roof, you know. But in the long run, this outlasts that." His wife, Mary Rankin, said it is a commonly used international design, because it meets codes in just about any part of the world.

Robert Rankin said the facility is made of absolutely no wood, which saves time in construction because nails don’t have to be driven into planks. And the building’s flat roof allows air conditioning and utilities to be stored on top. The hall also has a dehumidifying system to help keep the temperature comfortable, Mary Rankin said. "I always have a problem being too cold," she said. "But this is great."

Robert Rankin and his wife Mary:

link to website article

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Quote - The new hall was constructed because of vast growth in the area, the Rankins said. "It’s the fastest growing religion in the world," Mary Rankin said.

Slight exaggerations, methinks!

Maybe if the elder's wife is one day forced to wear a burka, she'll realise what the fastest growing religion on the planet really is.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/

• freddo
    freddo

"Vast growth" and "fastest growing" caught my eye too!

My cynical mind wonders:

How many congregations share this hall?

How many old halls have been sold to fund this?

How many old halls "refurbishment savings" funds have been raided to fund this?"

How much has been siphoned off of all the above to New York to fund the luxurious lifestyle of the GB and their elite "helpers"?

How much further than previously do many of the new congregants assigned here have to drive to reach it?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I spotted that as well Searcher, what an irrepressible, stupid, pompous thing to say when the exact opposite is true, stupid woman. Its the second report of hearing how warm it is inside the hall, I'm presuming they have some sort of generic air handling system being used in these new builds, in other words sweat your nuts off.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Great building design!If it doesn't work out as a Jehovah's Witness 'educational center' , the Governing Body(tm) can always sell it to the DOLLAR GENERAL store chain.

I think 'Brother' Rankin used 'theocratic warfare' when he described the building as an 'educational center'. It could more appropriately called an 'indoctrination center'.

• Listener
    Listener

He claims that the Co-ordinator has no more authority than the other Elders. So what's his point? They have more authority than the MS's and R&F and less authority than the travelling overseer.

Funny how Mr. Rankin is the Co-ordinator and the one approved to be interviewed for the article, who approved this and why the Co-ordinator?

• hoser
    hoser

Perfect design. Looks like it can be converted into a convenience store in a couple of years

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I was thinking "engineering firm", actually.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Did anyone else catch his brag about non-wood construction being faster because you don't have to drive nails into planks, but yet it said it took eight months to construct at the beginning of the article?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"A small, private meeting room close to the front doors." LOL!

Get d-f'd, hit the bricks - efficient!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit