Where are the JWs on cross dressers?

by mickbobcat 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    "The Law showed Jehovah's strong feelings against clothing that does not make clear the distinction between male and female - what has been described in our day as unisex fashion. (Read Deuteronomy 22:5.) From God's stated direction about clothing, we clearly see that God is not pleased with styles of dress that feminize men, that make women look like men, or that make it hard to see the difference between men and women." Watchtower 2016 Sep Study Ed. p.18

Circuit Overseer program for elders in 2015/16 s-337a-16-E 5/15 makes the same point. It also says "the elders may determine that the person no longer qualifies to share in the ministry."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

WTS probably views cross-dressing as 'worldly perversions' or similar.

I don't know for sure, but, knowing the cult's mentality, this answer just popped into my head.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think as with homosexuality, they treat it as a disease. But instead of advising on mental health counseling for those poor chaps, they go with punishment.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Remember the do it yourself dramas? There were instructions to wear your wifes panty hose for color and use some makeup.

One brother went all in, hose, rouge, eye shadow, mascara. Then batted his eyelashes at other brothers.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    I've always wondered where that leaves the 1 in a 100 (apparently) kids born hermaphrodite (or intersex as they are now known). It's a bit absurd given half the world probably don't even have birth certs. Kind of shows what a western-centric religion this is.

Even if they were born with the appearance of both sets of organs, they are either XX or XY and therefore are really only one or the other.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

And if you really want to draw attention by the elders, you could you attend a meeting in a cute little Santa Claus outfit

Terminal Spotted At Charlotte Airport - The Dirty – Gossip

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

In reality if a guy went to meeting dressed as a woman he most likely would be told he couldn't or he would be seated at the back with someone posted right beside him deterring anyone to talk to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit