Where are the JWs on cross dressers?

by mickbobcat 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

So if a man lets say is heterosexual, married and happy but likes to in the privacy of his own home wear women's cloths and his wife is OK with it. I know a person could just shut their mouth and who would know but I am talking about JW who is very concerned about telling the truth to the dubbers. My guess is it would not be a DFing matter but they would not be a MS or elder.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You have to ask? This is the outfit that will not allow slack suits for women as that is mans garb. There is always the brazen conduct catchall or deviant behaviour

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

They've had assembly talks on the subject. A definite no-no.

It's not on the elder's manual list of DFing offenses though.

But if someone were idiot enough to engage in it and then for some reason feel compelled to admit to the elders, he'd be removed from every "privilege" possible (except, of course, the "privilege" of donating funds - somehow that one never gets restricted).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The common answer to all questions like this will always result in the Jobos saying, 'No!'. It's their only answer unless it gives money to the GB; then it's a swept under the carpet jobbie.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

There was a letter to BoE a few years back that the Congregation could restrict a persons ability to participate in field service if there dress and grooming was sufficiently gender-bending.

Bold statement; Nobody else gets blocked from field service. Even a disfellowshipped person can "preach" after all the ministry is a personal one. Only the congregation would not provide them with literature.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I’m surprised JW women are allowed to wear pants at all.

Deut 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto the man, neither shalt a man put on woman’s raiment: for all that do so, are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think they call them stauros dressers in WT land ;)

• Biahi
    Biahi

Pete Z, don’t give them any ideas!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There has been talks and articles, I believe, on this subject. Well on the subject of sex changes anyway. Basically they are to dress and behave as the sex they were given on their birth cert. And marry as such, too.

I've always wondered where that leaves the 1 in a 100 (apparently) kids born hermaphrodite (or intersex as they are now known). It's a bit absurd given half the world probably don't even have birth certs. Kind of shows what a western-centric religion this is.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I would be very surprised if a conservative religion like JW allow cross dressers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit