Stupidest thing a JW ever told you

by Nosferatu 193 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What is the stupidest thing a JW ever told you? We all know that they say a lot of stupid things, but what really topped the cake?

For me, it was an elder telling me I was progressing really well when my meeting attendance was down and my field service hours were slipping.

• Odrade
    Odrade

A family member (elder) once told the whole congregation that the "Only place one can receive Jehovah's holy spirit was in the Kingdom Hall"

When I called him on it later by pointing out that people pray for Holy spirit at home and in the field ministry and supposedly receive it there, he said "you are not supposed to be criticizing the brothers. You are a sister." Haha, I was HIS sister. Literally.

Puke.

Odrade

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

this thread could go on for a long time ...........................

by far the stupidest I heard was, after the society built all these Kingdom Halls, Assembly halls, New buildings and presses (Patterson etc.)

did you know that all these buildings will survive Armageddon.

OH BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

A friend of mine met a girl at a convention, after she found out he was not pioneering, she told him, she couldn't talk to him anymore.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The most arrogant thing (OK I know it is not the same as the most stupid thing but--) was an elder (the PO) talking about personal study fromn the paltform and he actaully said if we did more then one day we would become as spiritual as the elders-- it almost mad me vomit that level of arrogance (he was a former CO by the way)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Haha! had a brother (and I use the term marginally) tell me once that if I would "just start pioneering again" it would make me a "very attractive potential mate."

LMAO! which I did at the time. I told him to take a mighty big look at himself, he was a long-haul trucker. Came to the meeting about once a month, but considered himself a spiritual giant. He was forever lecturing me on how I could be more appealing as a "Christian Female." I always (almost) took it like a good little dubbie. Should have given him the two finger salute. HA!

• happyout
    happyout

A couple, but here are two that stand out. The first was when I was out in service (I was in Jr. High or middle school) and I was talking about how much I was looking forward to my high school graduation. The pioneer sister I was working with looked down her nose at me and said, Armageddon will be here long before you graduate. I am now almost 40, so she was just a little off (much like the WTS).

The second was when I asked my sister to explain the new teaching on 1914. She hemmed and hawwed, then finally said I needed to ask her husband because he could explain it better. Translation: I have no idea, but I do what I'm told.

Happyout

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A friend of mine met a girl at a convention, after she found out he was not pioneering, she told him, she couldn't talk to him anymore.

Yeah, I met a girl at an assembly once... when I wanted to date her she said that she wanted to persue "spiritual goals" and therefore would not have the time. Years later she started hitting on me again. She had that "wore-out witness" look about her. She obviously ran herself into the ground trying to "progress spiritually". After the way she snubbed me, I wasn't about to have anything to do with her again. She soon found another sucker guy and married him.

Haha! had a brother (and I use the term marginally) tell me once that if I would "just start pioneering again" it would make me a "very attractive potential mate."

Now that is just creepy... as if he would command you to be his based on qualifications he created. That would give me the willies. I guess he forgot about the "relationship" part of the idea of having a relationship.

• minimus
    minimus

that this generation would by no means pass away until all these things occur.

• Hamas
    Hamas

When I left, I was involved in a discussion with a JW concerning the organization.

I remember him saying

'You cannot blame God for the mistakes HIS organization makes ! '

I still find it hard to get over the fact that he actually said those words..... so brainwashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit