ls homosexuality really normal?

by atomant 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If you gay then so be it. But the act itself disgusts me.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Bugbear » Sex is not a sin. Sex is something necessary to keep life going on. All creatures do have sex. Some are homosexual, some transgender, some Bisexual? There is nothing wrong with sex, unless your sex -desires hurt or harm your partner. I agree that some sex acts ex. pedophilia, violent Sadism, rape and so forth will harm your partner….therefore not acceptable. But as long as both or more agree fully….we should´t interfere with what other people do in their privacy…

A "sin" is an offense against God, and unless you're authorized to speak for Him, your answer is moot. There also seems to be quite a pantheon of gods on this world, so there are conflicting beliefs regarding His nature, disposition and will. And many seek to regulate sex as a moral issue, which makes sense. Sex has played a significant role in wars, murders, disease and a host of other evils in society. It affects future generations and cultures and sexual acts can go from normal and healthy all the way to disgusting and degenerate. According to Robert Graves, the Roman emperor Tiberius left Rome to reside in Capri, simply because in Capri he could engage in his own debauchery away from the prying eyes of his countrymen.

Fifty years ago, people "knew" homosexuality was wrong. There was virtually no social debate about it, and it was considered a sexual anomaly like pedophilia. Now there are groups saying that pedophilia is not an anomaly at all but a normal way to show love and affection.

To say there are no sexual sins is to say there is no God, which is also to say that if there is no God, there is no right or wrong. But I think most people know in their gut that some sexual practices are just plain wrong, and others are far worse.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Now I'm seeing gay ads on the upper right of this page.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess the accusation of not being normal is a slight improvement over "sinful" or "unnatural" which were once the insults of choice.

Maybe in time the description will give way to quirky, or individual, or even glorious.

Instead of normal, is homosexuality glorious? Maybe the same people will ask.

• cofty
    cofty
    To say there are no sexual sins is to say there is no God, which is also to say that if there is no God, there is no right or wrong - Coldsteel

There are no sins because there is no god.

There are objective rights and wrongs.

Unless god-botherers can show that consenting sex between two adult males or two adult females does real harm then they have nothing interesting to add to the conversation. Nobody cares about the opinions of the dead men who wrote your revered books.

Comparing consensual homosexual sex to pedophilia is ignorant and vindictive.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Cofty,

I upvoted your clear and straight-to-the-point comment 108 times.

Yeah I know the website doesn't accept it but it was the right thing to do. Your words deserved it :-D

• atomant
    atomant

Cofty you asked -Unless god-botherers can show that consenting sex between two adult males or two adult females does real harm then they have nothing interesting to add to the conversation. Aids?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If you gay then so be it. But the act itself disgusts me.

Why? What are you afraid of?

A "sin" is an offense against God, and unless you're authorized to speak for Him, your answer is moot.

You're not authorized to speak for your impotent god, so it seems like your comment is also moot.

To say there are no sexual sins is to say there is no God, which is also to say that if there is no God, there is no right or wrong. But I think most people know in their gut that some sexual practices are just plain wrong, and others are far worse.
    God lives in our guts? Gross.
  • Heaven
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    atomant : Cofty you asked -Unless god-botherers can show that consenting sex between two adult males or two adult females does real harm then they have nothing interesting to add to the conversation. Aids?

Are you suggesting atomant, that 'Aids' (i.e. HIV infections ) is a disease that only infects men who have sex with men.?

If you are making that suggestion, I can see why you became a JW.

And, in that answer, you have demonstrated that you have given no thought to all the sexually transmitted diseases that afflict humans. Why did this ever-loving, kind hearted divinity that faith driven people like to imagine ever come up with the idea for and then create such horrible diseases?

Got an answer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit