Food Boxes given out by Society

by JustChillin 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

LOL ... My wife got her food box delivered today. Thanks for the insight. Had I not seen this I wouldn't have known what was going on. An elder apparently called her and asked her "fruit our dairy" she had no idea why he was asking, he then shoes up with a box of food. ???

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Someone recorded a service group meeting about it and the elder claimed the society wanted them to make sure to know it was from "Jehoooovah".

Further they should keep it 'secret', which is Witness code for "tell everyone and their dog".

I mean isn't it absurd! Why in the world would it be necessary to keep a food box in a pandemic 'secret'?

Good grief these people need to get a life!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Crazy! We certainly don't need it ... and her apostate husband hasn't been to the Kingdom Hall in 9 years! The Borg is always ready to take a handout.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I note farms to families has a remit to distribute the boxes to community and faith groups....and that it should go to those in need.

Watchtower definitely has pensioners, disabled or needy members....but because Watchtower couldn't give a stuff and offers nothing in the way of charity or support it has no idea who the needy are among its membership.

• tiki
    tiki

Seriously??? I think it would be a nice gesture for the elderly or ill with limited income....but just because someone is a cult member in good standing doesn't mean they need or deserve a handout. Grocery stores never closed and food has not been unavailable in the pandemic...

Curious about fried chicken in NC MA.....though. Did it come hot and crisp? What vendor?

• carla
    carla

Mine got one too, said it was from the cong, I corrected him and said it was a government program and it was meant for the needy. He said because there aren't many needy/poor people around here the cong distributed it among itself. My thought is, we have food banks around here and there are needy people everywhere. I'm sure the local food bank could have benefited with some fresh produce. There are some very wealthy people in his cong that really didn't need a food box of any kind.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It's not that the program itself is a bad thing. I imagine it is the government buying products to distribute to people with the intention of providing assistance to the farm industry.

My issue is of course with the organization

1. The hypocrisy of the religion. This shows them to be just like any other religion that is used as a tool by the government when it is convenient for them. Neutrality? No part of the world?

2. The selfishness. They do nothing for the community. They provide no service to any other than their own (even that is rare), any help to non-witnesses is simply collateral goodness.

There was a time, many years ago, that my family was in need. Low income, couldn't afford oil to heat the house, electricity about to be disconnected, I was directed to St Vincent DePaul and the Salvation Army.

I was terrified to go there for help. This was after all Satan's organization. Of course, the direction from the brothers was that Jehovah uses these wicked things to benefit his people too.

Thanks to those religious charities, my oil tank was filled, my electric bill was paid, they filled us up with groceries, and I was able to get back on my feet.

What surprised me at the time, neither one asked me my religious affiliation or required me to attend any services.

Since then, I put money in the Salvation Army's kettle.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WANNABEFREE:

I am glad you give money to the Salvation Army!..We should be grateful organizations like this and St. Vincent de Paul exist. Surely we couldn’t depend on the Witness religion to help us if we were needy.

I’m glad these ‘worldly’ organizations were able to help you back when you were seriously in need..Hearing yet another story that the Jehovah’s Witness religion tells needy members to seek aid elsewhere makes me thankful I kept my job and planned for Retirement.

Can you imagine the kick in the guts older people who pioneered and didn’t plan would feel when they were told by the JW religion (that they sacrificed everything for)..that they should seek help from other charities??

I agree that the food box idea is good - the only problem is that I doubt the JW religion paid for it - unless somebody knows otherwise.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Free??? food?? The wt is getting this free food?? from a government program. The wt is good at freely taking but not so good at freely giving! But it sure beats the hell out of their "free" spiritual food! lol

just saying!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Kim and Mikey had this on their youtube channel for any that missed it.
    It is a "secret" recording of the instructions that the Elders from one hall were giving to some of the members and told to keep it quiet. Even went so far as to ask them on Zoom if anyone else was near by that would be able to hear what they were fixing to say.
    Interesting recording.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9h8NRSK60

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit