The Kingdom Message

by truth doubter 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth doubter
    truth doubter
    Regarding the unique preaching of the kingdom by WT (new creation, heavenly kings, priests and judges, restoration of paradise on earth etc.). The scriptures seem to back up WTS interpretation. So, although there are a million reasons to become inactive, how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14? I know there are many possibilities. How have all who left processed this informaion?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

because the entire bible is a fraud, a scam, jesus christ (lower case on purpose) was a false prophet who duped and lied to his followers, everything from being born from a virgin birth, to raising the dead, healing the sick, feeding masses of people and performing other so called miracles is a lie and a fraud and therefore any sort of scriptural commands (none of which is original) should be treated with the contempt it deserves, my conscience allows me to do this very easily and so should yours, dont worry too much about a non event. There is no kingdom, no good news, no requirement to preach,get over it.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Do you honestly believe that a loving God would destroy more than 8 billion people or 99.99% of the world's population simply because they are not convinced that JW's have the truth???
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    After I spent pioneering 9 years everything I taught was changed and is now considered apostate teachings. Preaching their kingdom is like stacking BB's. Get a life.
  • cofty
    cofty
    how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14?

"The good news of the kingdom" that was the focus of Jesus and the early church had to do with redemption through Jesus.

It had absolutely nothing to do with armageddon.

On his last evening with his disciples Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit who would;

"Bear witness about me, and you in turn are to bear witness, because you have been with me from when I began."(Jhn.15:26,27)

Immediately prior to his ascension Jesus told them ;

"You will be witnesses of me..to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8)

Paul said that the minds of unbelievers had been blinded so that:

"The glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. For we are preaching not ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord." (2Cor.4:4,5)

In Revelation the dragon goes off to wage war with those who:

"Have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

The harlot is seen to be;

"Drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

When John falls down before the angel he receives the rebuke:

"Be careful do not do that. All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus."

The Watchtower preach a different "good news" for which John says they should be accursed.

• Magnum
    Magnum

how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14

Do you mean in association with JWs? If so, consider the following:

Suppose that the JW interpretation is correct - that there's a government ruling in heaven that's going to soon take complete control of earth and that all opposers will be destroyed. Could it really be said that JWs are preaching this message in all the inhabited earth? No, there are large portions of the population who will never be exposed to JWs. And even in places where JWs are actively preaching, are they really preaching the aforementioned message?

The JW preaching work is lame and inefficient. The message might be in there somewhere, but it's buried under mounds of fluff. The majority of people who have had JWs "preach" to them have no idea what the message is. Most JWs are not qualified to preach. They can't reason and answer questions.

When we first started fading, I asked my wife if she was completely convinced that we should fade. Her one hesitation had to do with Mt 24:14. She said "but who else is fulfilling Mt 24:14?" I said "Do you really think JWs are fulfilling it?" I then proceeded to remind her how lame the JW preaching work is. I mentioned how the mags are filled with fluff, how JWs cheat on their time, how most individual JWs are incapable, etc. She instantly got the point.

So, to me, JWs are not fulfilling Mt 24:14.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I was 'stuck' on the way out of this religion on Matt 24:14 believing as all JWs do that they are the only ones doing the preaching work. The truth is we were told over and over and over again that they are the only ones doing any preaching work, that's just propaganda and is not accurate. Most of the time they are following in the footsteps of the missionaries of mainstream christianity without whom JWs wouldn't be able to have got any foothold in many non Western lands.

A quick visit to jwfacts will sort this out

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/preach.php

I particularly like the details about The Jesus Film Project, a non denominational film of the Gospel of John which has been shown more than 6 billion times since 1979 throughout the world, is translated into 1300 languages with new languages added every month and has resulted in over 200 million people accepting Christ.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Colossians 1:13 - He rescued us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son.

Are you referring to preaching about a kingdom that was established in 1914 and will be ruled mostly by white 21st century American men from heaven over the earth?

It seems that Paul believed that the kingdom was already present in his time. Notice "transferred" is in the past tense.

My conscience wouldn't allow me to preach wt doctrine.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The scriptures seem to back up WTS interpretation.

Er...No. I hasten to disagree. Although Jesus spoke of his kingdom, I see nothing in The Bible about 1914, 1919, an invisible "presence" , or having the WTB & T Soc. spawning a f & d slave.

So I had to stop taking the WT lit from house to house

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14?

Just how "ACTIVE" do you think JWs are in fulfilling this command? So far, after more than 100 years of "preaching the good news" they have only convinced 1 of 1,000 persons on earth to follow them.

Any other Fortune 500 Company would fire them and hire a new PR or recruiting agent. JWs have done a shitty job representing Jesus & Jehovah. Many are now even embarrassed to be known as JWs. Consider how Geoffrey Jackson failed to use the opportunity at the ARC to give a thorough "witness". He "pussed out".

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit