God's Word and Modern Man

by TheLiberator 54 Replies latest social humour

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

I have drawn the conclusion that when God speaks, he is using the language and the concepts of the time. He is not revealing a new scientific understanding when he speaks. That would be distracting from the point being made. Hence, we read of earth as having a foundation or the pillars of the heavens. How would he speak to researchers and scientists of more recent times? Here's a few.

Stephen Hawking : "Where were you when I suspended the darkness itself among the strings of the heavens? Tell me, if you do have understanding."

And to Georges Lemaître: "Whose hand placed the the very particles of the earth from it's beginning? Will the earth itself say, "I appeared out of nothingness"?

Concerning the Steady State Theory: "Like the stars of the heavens whose life is from everlasting, so will my blessings be to those seeking my face."

To Hubble: "Like stars drifting from there days of origin , so my people have left me in order to raise up idols for themselves."

To Einstein: "You who say, "Will God be a refuge for us?" Do not fear. Just like the days of old, will my word prove to be. Woe to the one who is asking, "Does God play dice?"

To Darwin: "Will an upright man look into the face of a wild chimp itself and say, "You are my master"? Yet, that is what you men have done. Thus, like a zookeeper, I myself shall release the wild monkeys from there habitats. They shall indeed put you men to death. Your women and your children will be taken captive, and you will indeed call him master."😄

• prologos
    prologos

TheLiberator: "--when God speaks,--" How are you so sure God ever spoke? May be those who in the past made these 'inspired by god' claims, are on the level of the ones today who claim to have been abducted by aliens? Why would the few lucky shots of accuracy in the bible be totally discredited with the blunders of Gen. 1:1, the talking snake, the non digesting fish, the walking on water?

Scientific advance does not come by revelation, but by ingenious detective work, and the supposed creator seems to like it that way. Research and peer review really hammers home the understanding.

If the modern (truth) bible is being written by the Nobel-prize winning researchers, how do we say "Amen" to that?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well God hasn`t spoken to man for over 2000 years now , maybe he/she is afraid of being outed as a fraud not having a clue about modern day scientific facts.

Then again maybe GOD only exists in the minds of the superstitious people of centuries ago and filters down to the superstitious people of today.

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty
    Bollocks
  • prologos
    prologos

S. :--exists in the minds of the superstitious people of centuries ago and filters down--" You have that right, smiddy, modern research backs you up! ~A century ago the oracle of a prominent religion died, he went to heaven, and his tutoring from above did not help his followers to improve the accuracy of their prognostications at all, his divine influence assured that they continue in his legacy. and:

TL: There are institutions specializing today to house people that hear voices of 'god' and others.

• Heaven
  • TheLiberator
    TheLiberator
    Was Dawkins raised an atheist?
  • cofty
    cofty

Every child is born as an atheist. Becoming a theist requires indoctrination.

Dawkins was raised in a nominally Church of England family.

Happily he was given the freedom to think for himself.

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator
    Cofty: Not true one bit.
  • tornapart
    tornapart
    Cofty... do you believe that Francis Collins has been indoctrinated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit