Are Gods true worshippers on Earth today? If they are not JWs then who are they?

by Formerbrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are 1.57 billion Muslims in the world, they all think they are god's true worshipers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is one really wants to obtain something close to the truth they would have accept science and the discoveries it has offered toward mankind.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let's also not forget archeology. 1929 they dig up a city called Ugarit, in this city they found writings describing many of the same atributes as those described to Jah. His name not just his title was El.

So if you want to be his true worshipper then one needs to find out what the Canaanites did when they worshiped thier god.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"I'm sure there are some. The question is who?"

Well, there's me, and there's you, but I'm not so sure about you.

It would be a bit easier if there was a true God; one who wasn't schizophrenic and imaginary.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

I don't think there is any one group, religious or otherwise, that will give you the truth you search for. However, your search might still yield something good if you change the criteria of your search. To avoid hijacking this thread, I have composed another which considered why your search, especially as noted in your profile, might be flawed to begin with.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

(Ephesians 4:5) "....one Lord, one faith, one baptism..." - no mention of there being one [true] religion.

• jacobm
    jacobm

Hey Formerbrother!

I used to ask the same exact questions as you are asking. In my opinion, the whole "where else to go?" question actually results from a lack of understanding of christianity.

CT Russell's Divine Plan of the Ages is a really good read. I don't consider him anything more than a fallible man. Still, this book is a good segway for JWs to understand general Christianity.

• schnell
    schnell
    In my opinion, the whole "where else to go?" question actually results from a lack of understanding of christianity.

I agree. This is why I love people like Bart Ehrman. His books have been a real eye opener for me about the development of Christianity.

Ken "You Weren't There" Ham has shown me how similar JW arguments about the natural world have been to the young earth creationism they claim to disavow.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think a lot of us are free because at some point in our exit, we came to the conclusion that if Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the "True Religion", none of 'em are.

Reinforced, of course, by the Org's very effective inoculation against any other form of religious expression (one of the few good things I took away from my JW upbringing, IMO).

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jacobm - "...CT Russell's 'Divine Plan of the Ages' is a really good read..."

Yup.

Right up there with "Dianetics"... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit