Happy Resurrection Sunday

by Perry 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Magnum,

Wife was an atheist.... or at least strong agnostic. We both came to Christ at approximately the same time.... within a few months of each other.

The lack of love, the moral failings of congregation leaders, and my own powerlessness in dealing with sin is what woke me up to the uselessness of working for righteousness.

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

Jesus paid it ALL.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus paid it ALL

The wrath of an angry god propitiated by the sight of a bloody body on a cross.

What a horribly pagan notion.

No thanks.

• Perry
    Perry

Wages of sin is death Cofty.

But, the gift God gives is everlasting life. That's the way the universe is set up..... all based on choice.

Eve had a choice. She was told beforehand the price. Essentially, she chose to not believe God is what really happened. Her real problem was lack of belief of the consequences, while at the same time believing that he was withholding something good. Both, false beliefs as the last several thousand years has borne out.

Belief is what moves the hand of God, and triggers blessings. It gets results when done through the office of Christ alone. Sometimes God takes something from us, sometimes he gives gifts. All based on trust. I was a fool to put my trust in men.

"Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man"

After I did that with the WT, I did little better trusting in my own devices.

"He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool"

God honors our choices. That was perhaps the hardest lesson I had to learn. The whole free moral agency system of governance is set up on choice. We can do one of three things in life, and get one of three results.

1. We can put our trust in others. If we do, then they are responsible for the results.

2. We can put our trust in ourselves. Then, we are responsible for the results.

3. We can put our trust in Christ alone, then God is responsible for the results.

I am 53. I have spent a considerable amount of time in each of those categories. My experience is that option three gets FAR more relatively immediate positive results, not to mention the eternal ones that go with inheriting the things that go along with being a member of God's family.

Out of everything I have learned so far in life, the role of belief is by far the most valuable fact I've discovered.

• cofty
    cofty
    Eve had a choice.

Stopped reading right there.

You are entitled to your own superstitions but not your own facts.

There was no Adam and Eve, no perfection, no fall, no original sin.

We are not fallen sinners we are humans at the highest point so far in the evolution of our species. We are amazing and our potential is awesome.

Take your negativity away you negative, pessimistic, doom-laden man.

• millie210
    millie210

Beautiful picture of you and your family Perry.

Thank you for sharing it, very heartwarming!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Cofty your JW is showing.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Great family picture! Very nice.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Happy Easter, Perry. Beautiful family. Love the Easter striped ties!

(PS - It's been you all along. You are stronger than you think!)

• zeb
    zeb
    Please take those damn ties off! and I wish you all every happiness..
  • kaik
    kaik

In Eastern Europe, Slavs believes that Jesus was raised on Monday. This also the reason why they have Easter Monday and it is a state holiday. If Jesus died on Good Friday and spent three nights as a dead, than the resurrection is counted on Monday. Easter Sunday is called Harrowing of the Hell, when Jesus supposed to release the righteous people from the hell and bring them to the Heaven.

Any case Perry, nice family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit