Inside Prince's Kingdom Hall Memorial Service today

by neat blue dog 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

This is wrong at so many levels. It lays somewhere between the immoral and the criminal.

And off course, being that Prince was a musician, they have to close the event with their own very top brainwashing, emotion-hijacking theme.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Did they say that if prince hadn't died of that overdose he would have been disfellowshipped and shunned by all JW'S all the planet?

And that would mean death at Armageddon?

Probably not

Although I imagine the org has shelved the caleb and sofia video on drugs for now

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I guess then the metrosexual look is ok if you are Prince or anyone famous.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

May this double-standard in treatment of the rich and shameless 'in name only' JW and a regular Joe/Jane JW serve as a reason for many to distance themselves from this most double-faced liar of an Org.

The music, the videos, the movies, everything affiliated with this individual was discouraged by this Org as being 'of Satan', and now he's being given a most honorable JW send off after dying of what's presumed drug-related causes?

I'm seriously beginning to plan my exit from this Org. Feeling so angry at this time!

DY

• sparky1
    sparky1

Why didn't the lyrics from his song THE GOLD STANDARD, which is found on his CURRENT album, ART OFFICAL AGE appear on his memorial flyer:

"You don't need to be wild

Whatever you do don't need to come from Dunnwoody style

The gold standard crazy amazing

Get on that schlong groove

The gold standard crazy amazing

Turn it up let your body move."

Or how about this little gem from the same album:

BREAKFAST CAN WAIT

"Breakfast can wait

You really put it on me

You shut it down last night

I thought the police was gonna come (last night)

Loud, yeah, quite

Yeah, I ain't tryin' to make you blush

I just think you're great

Ain't no need to rush

Breakfast can wait"

"Yeah

Breakfast can wait!

Oh, you know you might need to pray for me

You might need to come again

Breakfast can wait!

Oh yeah-yeah."

The GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (tm) knows no SHAME! THEY ARE DISGUSTING, HYPOCRITICAL, TWO FACED, SELF SERVING, SELF PROMOTING, LYING, GOD INTOXICATED RELIGIOUS FANATICS THAT WOULD NOT KNOW THE TRUTH IF IT JUMPED UP AND BIT THEM ON THE ASS!

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

NELSON MANDELA and Winnie Mandela attended the funeral of Mandela's first wife Evelyn who was a JW - He was accorded no special prominence or even a reserved seat etc No fanfare and no press - But then again maybe the Mandela Foundation had not contributed to the Glorious Ones !

And dear Sister Evelyn received a standard J-Dub funeral talk [ Not that she would have sought 1 iota of prominence - I had met her. Special person ! ]

• sparky1
    sparky1

Here is a LITMUS TEST for allowing Prince to have a Jehovah's Witness funeral as a member in good standing:

Would this album by PRINCE, released in the year 2014, entitled ART OFFICIAL AGE be allowed to be in the possession of a current Bethelite according to GOVERNING BODY(tm) standards as to what music is allowed at the 'House of God'? The cover with it's 'mystical third eye' on Prince and his suggestive lyrics contained within would render this music UNACCEPTABLE at Bethel. Yet Prince gets a funeral as a Witness in good standing.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the irony is that many regular JWs would be counselled for listening to his music and attending his concerts but the person who wrote those songs can be give a hero's send off and of course never has to suffer the consequences and shunning like the rest of the congregation might.

"money doesn't talk, it swears"

http://bobdylan.com/songs/its-alright-ma-im-only-bleeding/

• sparky1
    sparky1

"money doesn't talk, it swears."

Yeah............IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS!

• steve2
    steve2

Prince: The Self-Eulogy:

M' third eye's watchin' you, girl

Just like the 'tower was watchin' me.

I'm dead now, burned to ashes

you're cryin' 'n' covered in molasses.

Girl, wipe the tear from your eye

See you in Paradise through my third eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit