Inside Prince's Kingdom Hall Memorial Service today

by neat blue dog 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    "If I were to ever write down my life story, I could truly say with all the fame and glory, I was just a piece of clay in need of the potter's hand," read a quote on the back of the program — a variation on lyrics to the Prince song "Beautiful, Loved and Blessed." On the front were lilies with the words Prince Rogers Nelson printed over them.
    Since WHEN do j-dubs allow programs?

"after seven years of Bible study, he symbolized his personal dedication to God and was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses."
    Ummm...aren't they told to ditch studies who don't progress after 6 months or what?

So what is the "interview" thing on the program? I thought they did not allow eulogies?

• millie210
    millie210

The program thing has been happening for a while. Usually the family prints something up.

The interview thing is newer. I first saw it done about 3 years ago.

I understand it has a place in the time allotment of the new memorial service outline the Org handed out recently.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Yes, personalized programs and interviews are not unheard of. This could've been anybody's memorial, minus the celebrities and huge attendance.
  • HappyDad
    HappyDad

Rebel8

You are a little behind the times. The 6 months rule was way way back about 1968 or 69. I know..........I can't keep up with the dozens of changes and flip flops either! lol

I actually believe they would study with someone perpetually just to count the time.

HappyDad

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I liked how one guest politely said "it wasn't too preachy". To me that sounds like a polite way of saying it was preachy and culty.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I counted about 17 empty car spaces ? at the service , I thought the place would have been overflowing with cars and people.

Am I missing something ?

smiddy

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I thought they said about 500 attended?
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Given the 'JW celebrity' treatment even in death.

The God 'Money' sure is powerful.

DY

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    It was on our local news last night, turned to my wife and said " Do you think if I was hooked on drugs and died of a over dosed they would be so accommodating or is it because the world is watching?, Sure seams they are bending over backwards for a man who displayed a worldly and immoral lifestyle." Just saying..... Q' the eye roll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit