Fishing and JW's???

by lurkernomore 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I've always enjoyed going fishing. Sea fishing mainly, from either a boat or the shore. Just after my wife and I married, I declared that this Sunday I was going fishing off the local pier. I caught nothing. After an hour or two, my wife turned up, complete with mini-skirt, plus a kiddies hand-line she'd bought off a local stall selling beach balls and the like. I duly wormed up the hook and, to interested looks from my fellow fishermen, she dropped the hook and sinker into the water from off the pier.

You've guessed it - almost immediately she yelled that something was tugging on the line and promptly hauled up a 3 -pound bass, much to the amusement of everyone watching. Great eating it was!

• dgeero
    dgeero
    Is there a link to where you read this? Living in the Pacific Northwest pretty much everyone fishes and hunts. It's more rare if they don't.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Never heard such a thing.

Many many witnesses I know fish regularly.

Hunting may get some stink eyes in some areas, but fish??? The effing apostles were fishermen for gods sake.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Learned to fly fish when I was pioneering in NW Pennsylvania. A lot of JW's in the area trout fished.

In my older years I switched to catch and release. Actually I trout fished because it's usually the cleanest water and it's pleasant to stand in a stream listening and seeing beauty. That's more important to me then fishing.

Unfortunately if someone comes along and see's a person standing in a stream without a fishing pole they tend to wonder just what your up to..lol.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    The fear was that you'd be so into fishing that you would neglect the appropriate volume of time spent being a "fisher of men"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit