JW marriages: “They” looked good on paper.

by Londo111 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yes, I feel bad for any gay folks who married thinking it would straighten them out or thinking that everything would be okay in the new system.

I also feel bad for their unaware spouses because no matter what they do, they won't ever be attractive to their spouse.

That is just a recipe for disaster. I don't know whether I've known any marriages like that, but there are plenty of divorces. They might not make it known that that is the reason.

JWs really don't have the ability to be completely honest going into marriage.

It's sad because they might be able to really be fulfilled with a normal, non-cult member

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yup, cult life is a bitch and then you die.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Wow...does this bring back memories. I recall a JW family I was close to in MD that tried to hook me up with this divorced brother in his 40s...while I am 23! The story was that this man waited forever to get married, finally does, and she cheats/leaves him. So he was now looking and his beety eyes were set on ME. Now I have always been loud and speak my mind, so when my friend basically pushes us together to talk, I got irritated and grossed out at what this much older man would want with me?! In the end, it was obvious why this brother was cheated on - he was so weird. I almost believe he had Aspergers years before that was even well known. But my friends actually got OFFENDED that I had no interest in this man. As if???!!!

Another example is when I was about 16. There was this older man (40s) who used to come to the Khall from the sign language cong - and he was totally deaf. No one knew why he came to my cong as he had no translator and couldnt hear the speakers? Come to find out, this dumpy man was coming to talk to me. He told the brothers...correction...he WROTE the brothers that he was interested in me, and wanted to get their feelings on us being s match?! The elders told me and my parents, and then next meeting, this creeper writes in his tablet "I would like to date and get to know you better"?! I was so disgusted!!!!! I was in high school...come on. Igave him the stank face, smh, and wrote back "no thank you. Im still a kid."

Last story...I swear (cause I have a billion). Had met a bunch of brothers I became friends with, and we would all hang out. One of these brothers liked me and was very open about it. Mind you, I had my own apt, my own car, a good job, and was independent. HE was the same age, worked PT so he could be a reg pioneer, honestly...looked like a human version of Shrek, and lived at hime with hos parents and sisters. This guy was sweet but a damn mess! So when he asked me out and I told him no...he got MAD and offended that I refused. His response t me saying no was "...but you are 27 and not married. Isnt that what you want? I can give you that?" I remember LAUGHING out loud in his face (since my full blown IDGAF attitude was in effect in my 20s) and couldnt believe thr nerve of this guy. It really is no joke how JWs date and marry. It is so backwards!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    This has been reinforced by the words of Anthony Morris III at the US Branch visit: women should not marry a man who is not at least a ministerial servant. It was implied the marriage is doomed otherwise.

where can i find this so i can show it to a JW?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Here is a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/2lt891/

This was back in 2014 during the US zone visit. Any active JW in the US would have heard this.

"You know a man that's not serving there should be a real good reason why they're not serving as a Ministerial Servant. inaudible Sister you know how elders get put in awkward positions Uh what's the story with this brother I'm interested in marrying him. But they had already gone too far along. Now they tried to tell her they said well think about it he's 23 years old he's not a Ministerial Servant. Well she married him. She paid for that wrong decision. 23 years old and you're not serving as a Ministerial Servant?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Translation (to young JW guys): "reach out for MS duties or you might not get laid".
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This has been reinforced by the words of Anthony Morris III at the US Branch visit: women should not marry a man who is not at least a ministerial servant. It was implied the marriage is doomed otherwise.

Talk about putting a proverbial carrot at the end of stick for young men.

I was a bit shocked when I saw that and it is true if anyone is wondering.

So 18, 19 guys are being prodded to become at least MS .

I wonder how many young girls are taking that advise and waiting to see what guy in the Hall becomes a MS first ?

Another case of the GB heads going beyond what is written in the bible.

I think at this point they self assumed this organization was built upon contrived bullshit, so why adhere to the bible now

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    thank you Londo111
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ babygirl30...

Jehovah's Witness relationships... arranged marriages in all but name only. :smirk:

(that being said, some of us mid-40 guys are actually pretty cool; don't count us out altogether)

• Londo111

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit