According to one JW there can only be 1 of 3 reasons why you left.

by Bonsai 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I left because what they were teaching at the time was not the truth. This was about 9 years ago.

As all the unique doctrines of JW Org have changed since then, any JW would have to admit that what they said then was not the truth.

I then challenge them to prove that what they NOW teach is the truth, several Elders and other JW's have failed to rise to the challenge.

• fiddler
    fiddler

The better question would be "after people leave for x,y,z sin, why do they go back?" Why do good people who maybe slept with their future mate but after getting married live a completely clean and moral life then choose never to go back? And then there are Jws who go on with their 'sinful' life but keep it more guarded and become better liars while continuing to identify as JW or, they continually get df'd but keep retuning. Why do people STAY is the better question.

• Theburstbubble
    Theburstbubble

None of those 3 reasons for me. I simply stopped believing. It started with niggles, but then I had more and more doubts until I couldn't take it anymore. I was in such turmoil with heart vs head. My head won. Now I'm so much happier without it. Yes I have pangs of 'what if' moments but I think that's 38 years of brainwashing coming to the surface!

• blondie
    blondie

Lack of love

Lies

Cruelty

Culminated in WTS child abuse policy

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It is impossible, literally impossible for them to include legitimate reasons for leaving as they believe it's the truth,

The easiest approach I found is read Deut 18: 20-22 (a false prophet is one that makes predictions that don't come true) then list as many predictions they have gotten wrong as you know and say... who is responsible for the people that leave for,following that verse?

But remember.....if you could reason with such believers, there wouldn't be any believers to try to reason with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit