Special Talk from the GB?

by punkofnice 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A current JW told me there was going to be a Special Talk (tm) from the Governing Body(R) next month. Apart from the usual hilarious JW TV stuff, I haven't heard of anything.

Any info any one? The JW didn't seem to know much either. Shrouded in mystery? A new date for an overlapping armageddon and money is needed for it?

or is it just a rumour?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is special talk from either a GB member or a helper for the UK. It's on a Saturday but congregations can make arrangements to listen to the live stream or a recorded copy later.

I can't remember the date as I was reading New Scientist on my tablet when they made the announcement a few weeks ago but I think it is later this month or in May.

I seem to recall they are incorporating the WT study as well so it will be a 3 hour mini assembly in the hall. Prototype, test bed runs for future changes to the assemblies perhaps?

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    At 14.May is a talk from a speaker from Bethell germany. It is streamed in germany.
  • The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    It sounds like they are all zone meetings (that's probably what happening in the US too.)
  • sir82
    sir82
    Yeah, there are a bunch of "zone meetings" (aka "Sister Morris wants a trip to Europe") coming up. Each one gets a GB member to pontificate.
  • Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Don't have full details yet, but GB members are no going to be in the UK only helpers on this Branch Visit.

It will on a Saturday for 3 hours including WT study.

In other words, another torture session!

Last time when GB member Sanderson was visiting, he announced that coincidentally during his visit the approval for Chelmsford plans was granted by the authorities.

Wonder what sort of coincidence this time will occur.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Org is bleeding profusely bad and they will not accept a blood transfusion (change/adjust certain policies: shunning/dealing with sex offenders/wife beaters, etc., accordingly), so I would not be surprised that the GB is panicking big time.

DY

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    where does the actual talk take place at an AH with special invites?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    In the UK it's from the branch. Everyone other than local bethelites will stream the talk to their local hall either in real time or another point over the weekend.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    dont they have these special invite talks anymore? the hoo har over the years when certain "special ones" would receive those invites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit