Statements or Comments Made By JWs That Were WRONG

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

In 1919 the then top leader of the JWS J Rutherford said that god had exclusively chosen him and the organization as Jehovah's select messengers for all mankind because of their righteous adherence to preaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and his new kingdom order to come.

Probably and notably the biggest culpable lie any individual JWS ever made in the history of the organization..

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Min Dio please explain

The Golden Age (now Awake! Magazine) claimed that the medical profession descended from "Satan worshipping Shamans" and that that it was disease itself that caused germs, not vice versa. Just one item among many in a long list of quack ideas was the following:

"Disease is Wrong Vibration. From what has thus far been said, it will be apparent to all that any disease is simply an ‘out of tune’ condition of some part of the organism. In other words the affected part or the body ‘vibrates’ higher or lower than normal. . . I have named this new discovery . . . the Electronic Radio Biola, . . . The Biola automatically diagnoses and treats diseases by the use of electronic vibrations. The diagnosis is 100 percent correct, rendering better service in this respect than the most experienced diagnostician, and without any attending cost.” (The Golden Age, April 22, 1925, pp. 453-454).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jehovah's Witnesses sometimes get details wrong that are not essential to their faith (Like what an equinox is for example) but this does not fall into that category.

Hi TD I just wondered how they got this wrong. I'm guessing it may be connected to how they date the memorial?I know it may be quite complex, so maybe a link to something? Thank you!

As a faithful Witness serving as a Ministerial Servant who was given every privilege possible I was rejected by Witnesses because my father professed to be of the Annointed.

Hi truth_be_known If you want to could you explain what you mean please? Again if it's something you're comfortable to go into and won't identify you too much

• TD
    TD

Diogenesister

JW writers and memorial speakers have been repeating the misconception that day and night are of equal length on the spring and autumnal equinox for at least 80 years.

It wouldn't be worth mentioning except for the JW conviction that they are in possession of superior knowledge on a great many things.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/187518/jw-science-quote-1-15

• minimus
    minimus

The Golden Age writers were weirdos who hated doctors. These people could easily morph into anti blood transfusions people.

• Overrated
    Overrated

We are Happy people.

• minimus
    minimus

The Happiest People In The World

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

The WatchTower Society teaches Jehovah's Witnesses that if a given person is "not entitled" to be told the truth, JWs can tell that person a pure falsehood. Or, the JW can tell a half-truth which gives the person a false impression. In either case, the Jehovah's Witness does so with a clear conscience. Theocratic war doctrine is so clearly wrong .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit