Statements or Comments Made By JWs That Were WRONG

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Kingdumb Hall I was in had all kinds of little cliques. I just didn't fit into any of them. Over time I discovered that I don't need them and don't have to put up with their crap. Much happier now with real people.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

They have allowed so many children and adults to die needlessly because they refused a blood saving transfusion which is not in the Bible but made up by a misinterpretation of a few verses. It says must not eat blood, but a transfusion is not eating but is a use of blood in the veins and doesn’t get used up as the way food is consumed. Every 6 hours humans need food to survive, but a transfusion is needed usually just once.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Where can one even begin with this? It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

"Millions now living will never die." - Everyone who heard those words are now dead.

"The generation that saw the sign of 1914 will witness Armageddon." - No Armageddon. The generation is dead.

"The end of the system will come before then end of the 20th century." - The 20th century ended 2 decades ago and the clock is still ticking.

"This system won't last long enough for you to need to prepare for retirement." - Tell that to my grandparents, parents, and now me as I gracefully enter my 50s.

"If you lose your family and friends for the Truth you will receive a hundredfold of new family and friends of Jehovah's Witness." - As a faithful Witness serving as a Ministerial Servant who was given every privilege possible I was rejected by Witnesses because my father professed to be of the Annointed.

• Biahi
    Biahi

When my grandma was hospitalized for pneumonia, nurses came in to take blood samples, she was about 85 years old. My aunt said, after the nurses left, that she thought they were taking my grandma’s blood out to transfuse into others because “They know Jehovah’s Witnesses have good blood.” SMH

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

That my generation (late 60s) would never finish school, start a job,get married have a family etc .and now the overlapping generation's have left school , have a job and married with children.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Shun Those Who Used to Belong to Their Religion?

Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=shun

Atlantis!

• TD
    TD

I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but IMHO, it is huge...

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that there are two and only two Christian hopes:

A: The heavenly calling

B: Surviving the great tribulation (i.e. The earthly hope)

This has been discussed every single year at every single Memorial for as long as I can remember.

Jehovah's Witnesses therefore teach that the heavenly calling was the only hope from Pentecost clear up until the proximity of the great tribulation made the identification of the second hope possible.

That happened in 1935. The clock started ticking then and there and this is openly acknowledged in their literature:

"God’s infallible Word depicts this group as ‘coming out of the great tribulation,’ being survivors of it, living right on into God’s New Order without ever having to die. (Revelation 7:9, 10, 14; John 11:26) The early members of this group are now in their 60’s or 70’s or older. Jehovah did not allow the ingathering of this group to begin too soon. The “great crowd,” including many of the earliest members thereof, will survive into the “new earth.” (Survival Into a New Earth p. 185 emphasis mine)

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Survival-Into-a-New-Earth/The-Countdown-Nears-Its-Zero-Hour/

This quote is nearly 40 years old now and the passage of that time has made it glaringly obvious that it is completely wrong. 1935 was 86 years ago and even a 15-year-old at the time would be over 100 today.

Jehovah's Witnesses sometimes get details wrong that are not essential to their faith (Like what an equinox is for example) but this does not fall into that category.

The Christian hope is an essential matter of faith. It's what JWs believe that Jesus died for and it's what they teach at their Memorial.

And they were (And still are) wrong

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

How about this one:

"We are not here to change your religion. We are just out in your neighborhood today encouraging bible reading".

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Atlantis

Not only are they wrong at what you highlighted up there, they equally lied about it. They give explanation for only inactive witnesses not really for those "no longer used to".

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Longlivetherenegades:

Good point!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit