2016 Convention Video Trailers

by wifibandit 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

All of you who know about such things...

how much do you think that second video cost to produce?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow.

The message is the same though...even though it is a glitzy production with handsome people. Fear and intimidation at its best.

A friend met up with some JW's recently and it was still so surprising the belief was so strong that "it's soooo close!." One weird comment was hoping "Trump" was elected because for sure he will kick off Armageddon. And Oh Lordy...they will soon be in paradise with their pet tiger.

I guess I would say the same if I was in...so strange to hear it once you are out.

• jacobm
    jacobm

Oh my goodness.

This is JW 2.0 all the way.

Looks just like a Mormon video.

Glad I left in time

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You gotta admit that the quality is outstandingly better than the old "Noah" video. The GB has "gone Hollywood" in more ways that one.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do they really make the video/film with horses, chariots etc.. Do they have the CGI for the distant army? If so they are getting sophisticated ...

Or perhaps they have access to studio "out takes" and footage from commercial sources? I would welcome your thoughts.

Perhaps I will dig out the DVD of "Gladiator" this weekend

Thanks wifi bandit

• millie210
    millie210
    BluesBrother
    Do they really make the video/film with horses, chariots etc.. Do they have the CGI for the distant army? If so they are getting sophisticated ...
    Or perhaps they have access to studio "out takes" and footage from commercial sources? I would welcome your thoughts.
    Perhaps I will dig out the DVD of "Gladiator" this weekend
    Thanks wifi bandit

I wondered the same thing BB

Some of those ancient army shots are very tightly shot. the others are very far away.

They switch back and forth with some skill.

Interesting that they may be buying or pilfering footage.

• bohm
    bohm

It's definitely a huge step up in production, but some of the scenes looked fake even in the fast-cut trailer. I still have high hopes a GB-approved script will make it utter shit :-)

Wonder if any part of it will be so WTF it will become meme-worthy?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG! I know two of those JW actors very well. I guess they've made the BIG TIME! LOL!!!!

What a stupid, stupid, stupid, dumb movie. It makes me sick.

You know what? If the WTBTS would focus on love, and nothing else for one year, the ORG would change. No guilt trips, no statistics, no "Are you doing your best?", no mention of $$$, just love, that's what they need to do.

You know what else? Since the GB and their Legal Department lie and spend dedicated funds to fight mandatory child abuse laws, this film means Jack-Shit to me. It sure as shit doesn't mean anything for a God of love, if such a creature is watching.

This is straight-up LDS/Mormon after school special bullshit.

DD

• bohm
    bohm
    "Game of Beards"
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    The only thing missing is Kirk Cameron.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit