ExJW Protest News Report

by Anna Marina 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

This is a news report from March 2017 but it's still as relevant today as it was then.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kOAv8Xzck

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Even though I can only understand the English subtitles, tho persons interviewed appeared to be extremely fluent and articulate, as well as dressed appropriately for making a statement to the media. I hope this gets broad coverage there and would love to see similar interviews here.

(Of course, we in the US are too caught up in BLM riots -- I mean peaceful protests.)

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi DesirousOfChange - BBC has given coverage to the child abuse cover up

See this thread

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5192185203916800/bbc-sunday-morning-on-jehovahs-witnesses

Sorry to hear about what you are having to endure over in US. Shame they don't focus on modern day slavery and how some will take homeless people and get them to labour for them for nothing more than a bit of food.

This kind of thing has been happening in my neighbourhood. The ones doing it have justified it by saying they are helping the homeless and the normal cost of labour is 'ridiculous'.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Anna Maria, I have difficulty hiring people to work in my business. No special skills or education. No past experience. $20/hour. I give my biz card to "the homeless" who panhandle on the street corner. None ever show up for a job. I think they're making more (tax free) cash than I am in their panhandling.

The only "modern day slavery" IMO is the middle class worker who "slaves away" every damn day to earn a good livelihood for their family but who then loses (over) 50% of their earnings to taxes, (too) much of what goes to support those deadbeats who do not WANT a job. Wealth re-distribution.

Back to the real subject at hand:

I'm glad to see the BBC bring it to light. The Candice Conti judgement did make some major newspapers here but was overshadowed by the Penn State sex abuse scandal. Great timing for WT. Joe Hoover must have been looking after them. Most people won't find anything about the JW CSA scandal unless they're "looking for it". Usually on "apostate" websites. Or, at least that is what accusation will be used against them if they bring up the subject.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi DesirousOfChange - yes I get what you are saying about employment being like modern day slavery. I agree.

Although info might be hidden, at least we keep on and on about it. There's something about Watchtower's unjust ways that never really leaves you because it is so outrageous, crafty and dangerous. Unless you have experienced it first hand, you can't believe it. And even when you have experienced it first hand, it's still hard to believe - well that's my take on it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WTF? Employment is modern day slavery?

I didn't say that. You did.

Employment is what gives a person empowerment and freedom to pursue whatever they want to pursue. Frankly, I could not find any employer who would pay me what I thought I was worth (normal cost of labor is ridiculous?) so I became my own boss. I went into business. And it become a very (at least fairly -- that's all relative) successful business.

No where else but the USA could an under-educated grandson of immigrants become...............let's just say "upper middle class". It pisses me off when family members say we've been "lucky". Bullshit. The harder we worked, the luckier we became!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Maria, I have difficulty hiring people to work in my business. No special skills or education. No past experience. $20/hour. I give my biz card to "the homeless" who panhandle on the street corner. None ever show up for a job. I think they're making more (tax free) cash than I am in their panhandling.
    The only "modern day slavery" IMO is the middle class worker who "slaves away" every damn day to earn a good livelihood for their family but who then loses (over) 50% of their earnings to taxes, (too) much of what goes to support those deadbeats who do not WANT a job. Wealth re-distribution.

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£The reason youā€™re homeless people donā€™t turn up is because they have too xterm mental health issues to maintain regular employment, or they have extreme addiction problems, which again, makes regular employment an impossible dream.

Yes, I said it, a DREAM. A home. A family. A career. Coming home tired but happy every evening to wonderful PETS you can keep because you own a home. To children, a husband who loves you and doesnā€™t hurt you or throw you out every 5 mins. The satisfaction you are taking care of your family....a holiday to look forward....FRIENDS yes colleagues at work to talk to. Walking up each day without a feeling of dread, misery or psychotic episodes, even.

This is not a tough life or slavery!!!! How laughable! I donā€™t know about over taxation where you are, I agree they waste our taxes. But donā€™t for one moment think the disenfranchised, the lonely, the unemployed poor and lost to society ENJOY or are better off than the warm comfort of a middle class or working class but normal life. Everyone has their struggles....illness, bereavement etc of course. A Young couple I know who have it all just endured a still birth. But those people you speak of endure that pain too, but without support.

THe opposite of addiction is not sobriety. Itā€™s CONNECTION.

NB I canā€™t imagine homeless or jobless people turning down Ā£20 an hour where I live!! Not those without mental health issues, that is.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Anna Maria what an excellent report! They managed to get all the facts n to the piece in a reasonable, fair minded way. Ensuring the public understood itā€™s not an attack on the congregations, but the world leaders of the borg.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi DesirousofChange - I do apologise - I did not mean standard employment. I did not express myself well and was only agreeing with you that when people work hard they can be unfairly penalised.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

While we are on the subject of employment - does anyone know whether or not this is true? It is something I saw on TV years ago but when I later asked someone they said, "no that's not true. That's rubbish."

So - it's this - when you push drugs, ordinary people who work wont take them because they want to keep their heads free to make sensible decisions.

But if you provide the population with low cost housing and keep them entertained, then you have a market for your drugs. Therefore there is a drive amongst some, to invest in low cost housing and certain forms of entertainment, which on the surface appear motivated by social concern, but the end result is a growth in drug taking. And that growth in drug taking was the desired outcome from the beginning.

The Bible says Babylon the Great is both a city and the Mother of Harlots who affects people by using her spiritistic practices on them. That word spiritistic in Greek is Ļ†Ī±ĻĪ¼Ī±ĪŗĪµį½·į¾³ (pharmakeia) which is like pharmacy, to do with drugs (harmful ones). Because of this description in the Bible, Babylon the Great can be interpreted as meaning all false religion, ie spiritism.

Well doesn't the Watchtower's methods lead some to end up in low cost housing? The congregation members aren't entertained, so much as kept busy and bored. But there is a big social network.

I don't know whether the TV progam I watched was telling the truth and it was on years ago. But it was plausable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit