Lady drives car into Kingdom Hall

by Sugar Shane 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Right smack into (what looks like) the front entry!

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-13/78yo-female-driver-crash-jehovahs-witnesses-church/7243268

This was in Australia, but the KHs I've seen (in the US) are designed so that you'd have to almost INTENTIONALLY want to ram a building to cause this kind of damage. Usually a fence around KHs, right?

Wonder if she was a disillusioned JW, who finally had it with all the changes & false promises, or perhaps got DF'd? Anyone in Oz know anything about this?

• Listener
    Listener

It must have been a terrible shock for her.

I was at the Doctors today and noticed a few elderly people who had somehow got themselves to the surgery on their own. There are many older drivers who shouldn't be driving and feel very nervous to do so but don't have much choice. Some of the less confident drivers will limit themselves to driving locally and very slowly.

If she's a JW then she might get offers to be picked up in the future.

• stuckinarut2
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Seems to me that the elderly lady driver is a JW. Looks like she crashed her car into the KH from the parking lot
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh boy, I think I went on RVs with an old Sister "Magoo" who drove just like that. There must be one at every hall.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes likely a case of elderly drivers losing control of a vehicle. Pressing the gas instead of the brake. My parents are in their 70's and both drive. They are terrible drivers and me and my daughter hesitate to get in the car with them when they're driving.

It's a dilemma because you don't want to reduce their independence.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Where were the Angels on that one? Maybe they were busy finding plumbing leaks, or helping Andre pick out appropriate pants, or stop touching little Andre??

A couple of years ago an elderly sister actually killed someone on the way to the memorial. You would think that at least one angel would intervene? It is the most sacred night and what not... Geeze, at least wait until after the memorial is over to commit vehicular manslaughter.

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh well.............more money for the WTS.

Appraisers will estimate the damage and cut the WTS a big check and the RBC (or whatever it's called now) will send in their free laborers and do a shitty job patching the hole in the wall.

Praise Jah!

Doc

• Divergent
    Divergent
    I bet many of the JW's there would be caring more about the damage that was caused RATHER than caring more about how the elderly sister is doing!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I read recently that for some reason older women drivers more often mistake the gas pedal for the brake than older men drivers do. They should test older drivers more, some of them should not be on the road. I was worried about my father in law's driving, as I was in the car when he blew through stop signs and drive 45 in the fast lane of the freeway, but it turned out it was my mother in law who ended up having problems, she made a left turn in front of a motorcycle two years ago, unfortunately it was fatal for the motorcyclist. He was also exceeding the speed limit by quite a bit, but she ended up being 51% at fault. They just assumed it was a mistake on her part, but she has had a few minor strokes since then, so my guess is that it was either an earlier stroke that caused the accident or she was already having them and it had affected her thinking. Neither of them drive anymore, which is a good thing, they are both in their eighties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit