Memorial campaign with videos??

by BeautifulMind 36 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS
    I suppose that some householders might watch as the witness played the video just out of curiosity, but once they’ve seen what it’s all about, they probably wouldn’t bother with the witnesses any further. The householders would be, like, been there, done that.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Different methods now,in attempt to make the campaigns more awe-inspiring.
  • Sabin
    Sabin

This is all BS, what Respectful Observer said is more to the truth. The only thing they are interested in is the monthly report, who in the cong participated in doing the 30 hours (pioneer) they read them out & make the rest of the ones who cant do it feel like crap. Nowhere in the gospels did Jesus require a number of monthly hours. When you listen to them that is all they talk about. Who is pioneering. I think it is an insult to Jesus that that is their main concern.

"Oh Jehovah, Jehovah, didn't I go out during memorial season & do my 30 hours when so many others didn't . See I deserve everlasting life."

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    In all the years of handing out memorial invitations, I can think of zero people that ever just showed up off the street because of the invite. The other people attending were always family members of JWs or inactive ones.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The fact that the G.B. now expects witnesses to show a video inviting the public to this event, just emphasizes to me they have little confidence in the R&F to do so effectively .

In other words the d2d preaching done now a days is ineffective due to the poor teaching programs conducted by the organization ,

I can understand how, naive J.W.`s are getting all excited about this new approach , however the fact remains , it`s not going to convince anyone J.W.`s are the truth, and should be investigated further.

No mention that the invited person is just an observer and not a participant.

It carefully obscures how Jesus was crucified , on a stake and not a cross.

And what is different from tele-evangelism and this video really .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well Said Stephanie!!

• sir82
    sir82

It just struck me, how out of touch the WT leadership is.

Outside of the JW context, imagine someone walking up to your door, ringing the bell, and saying, "Here, watch this video on my 4 inch screen".

You'd probably slam the door shut while muttering "Weirdo", right? If someone wants you to watch a video, they'll text or e-mail a link to the website where you can see it.

Who uses the 19th century technique of door to door cold-calling to introduce 21st century media? It's like painting a web address on the door of your stagecoach and driving down the street.

Yet JW leadership is convinced that this, this, will somehow reverse the malaise of the JW preaching work.

As a certain presidential candidate would tweet, "That is sad, just sad".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Memorial campaign with videos??

...............................Image result for Watchtower Logo brown

...........A History Of Annoying The Public With The Newest Technology..

.Image result for jehovah's witness Preaching with phonographs........Image result for jehovah's witness Preaching with sound cars

.................................Image result for Watchtower ipad

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    As with all "new" forms of activity, it is for the purpose of keeping those IN occupied and distracted...NOT about those outside....
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    In all the years of handing out memorial invitations, I can think of zero people that ever just showed up off the street because of the invite. The other people attending were always family members of JWs or inactive ones.
    As with all "new" forms of activity, it is for the purpose of keeping those IN occupied and distracted...NOT about those outside....

I'd love to see the data. I suspect if you looked at a bar chart of memorial attendance over the last 30 years, I suspect you'd see ZERO impact on that chart since the invitation work started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit