Memorial campaign with videos??

by BeautifulMind 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Good morning from the east coast. I have a question. A friend of mine texted me and one of the things she said was that they were getting a lot of great responses with the campaign because they are showing the video. So no more just getting invitations into as many people hands as possible, now they have to watch a video too??? I haven't been out that long, just a little over 8 months. But I also hadn't really been out in service but maybe 2 times in the past 2 years. So is this video stuff standard now?
  • Simon
    Simon

They may get a good response because it is new and novel - they are more likely to be more enthusiastic than they normally are about presenting to a householder. Once the novelty factor has worn off I expect it will be far less productive.

Regular JWs at your door normally have very plastic smiles. Like people that have been told to smile but are crying on the inside and don't really want to be there.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    When I went D2D I could barely get the hello out of my mouth before the door shut or the householder was busy. I don't think I could ever get a householder to actually watch a video. It must feel so culty to most householders.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    True statement Simon. I remember wearing that plastic smile and the glazed eyes when at the doors when I was fully in. Really creepy when I think back on it.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Ask for details......cuz when people go on stage and say how great a return visit was, and how the people were sooooooo interested........ I would ask em........so....umm where are they?

Hee hee☺

Mad Puppy

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    TheListener- I think they were just starting the video stuff when I first started slacking off in service. I was still "in", but getting worn down from the jw life. Anyway, I thought the video thing was weird and never did it. I just stuck to the usual basic cult magazine presentation.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Where do see about the video? It's not in the Workbook?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

A friend of mine texted me and one of the things she said was that they were getting a lot of great responses with the campaign

I'm thinking what is really happening is the few people who actually say they have a few min available to watch, will generally have a kind response. But there is no way that they are actually showing the video to a massive audience. Most folks can barely be moved to take a tract from a Jdubs hand about the memorial, much less be willing to stand there watching a video.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    I mainly fake my hours, but all the dubs very crazy about the videos. More and more buy tablets. And if you spend $$$ then every reaction is great for you. So a lot of them show videos, back to the roots - grammophone 2.0
  • respectful_observer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit