"But WHY would you want to know those things??"

by stuckinarut2 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeb
    zeb

"BUT WHY DID NOBODY TELL US ABOUT ALL THIS!!"

How they will scream if the powers then move to confiscate their property. The thinking of these jw is the same as those citizens of Germany who were forcibly walked through the death camps by Eisenhower's soldiers so they could never again deny that the holocaust had happened.

and this "upset me" thing: the one clip I have got my wife to see the infamous Jackson ARC clip she said she didn't want to see it as it would "upset me" .. This sounds like a prepared line from WT as these are not words she would use.

• Magnum
    Magnum

She quickly cut in and said "But why would you want to know these things? Its best not to research and look at those sort of things - so we don't get upset!"

JWs say bad things about non-JWs who won't research their own religions and look at information about them. Yet, JWs themselves won't research their own. That infuriates me. It's so unfair. They want to tell everybody else the bad things about their beliefs, but shut up their ears to anything negative about their own.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Once you have awakened to TTATT, you realize that when you see anyone who prefers to keep their head in the sand, they really look like a dumb ass.

Doc

It's a JW thing.

When it comes to critical thinking.....they can just shut it off.

Image result for check your brain at the door

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    LOL, Why would you want to stay ignorant? Working and striving for the goals of an organization that you really know nothing about? Isn't strange that JW.org has a whole news section where they frequently detail their legal victories and what they consider unfair persecution. Yet, the ARC never made that page because it was neither persecution or a legal victory. It was an honest examination of the top down directives from WT and the effect they have on real people. WT doesn't want JWs to see it. Every time these issues come up in local congregations, the average publisher just thinks that certain Elders didn't handle it well. What they don't know is Elders are being instructed on how to handle these cases. They aren't isolated incidents it's protocol.
  • Scully
    Scully
    "And why don't *you* want to know if there's a child molester sitting next to children at the Kingdom Hallâ„¢? That's the more disturbing question..."
  • Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2
    Amen Scully
  • steve2
    steve2

Witnesses have become the very people they have criticized for so long:

Members of Christendom content to leave Bible questions in the hands of their church minister.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Of course they "practice" willful ignorance (see what I did, there?).

If they didn't, they would be compelled to voluntarily leave the WTS, simply by virtue of the very standards the Org itself has prescribed with regards to "false" religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "Witnesses have become the very people they have criticized for so long..."

Ironically, the very thing that happened to Roman-Era Christianity.

Seems to always happen when a religion that was originally intended to be short-term (i.e. apocalyptic) is forced to keep on going and going and going... :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

Spot on observation Vidiot.

End-times religions by definition are not "built" for the longer term so that when the end does not arrive, the problem becomes one of "transitioning" to the longer term.

Sure, they still speak as if the end is "just around the corner" even as membership becomes top heavy with tokenism and the sort of "backsliding" and nominalism often seen in older religious groups.

Viewers of jw.org videos could be forgiven for noticing how there is not much of a tone of urgency in many of them. In fact, you can watch an entire jw.org video and have no idea "the end is just around the corner".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit