Is it morally wrong to put Watchtower behind?

by Darkknight757 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

Rephrasing the question in the OP may help:

Is it morally wrong to stop doing morally wrong, pointless, self-defeating things in the course of obeying a made up religion that worships an imaginary bearded sky daddy in their whacked out interpretation of the ramblings of Bronze Age slave owners, which has been rewritten and translated too many times to know for sure what it ever originally said?

Hope that helps.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it morally wrong to leave and stop supported lying corrupt charlatanism ?

Its actually morally right even by bible standards as resisting the postulations of false prophets, so your OK

Jah was never behind this organization,

I think anything that is injurious to humanity is morally wrong and being that this organization has instigated the deaths of thousands over medical refusing treatments or the decimating break up of millions of families, the JWS cult is very immoral.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Not everyone can be a full time exJW activist.
    Not everyone can be a part time exJW activist.

Not everyone needs to be. If you *can* help people, then it's a great thing to do, but the guilt you might be feeling over not wanting to become an activist is probably residual cult programming. We shouldn't feel obligated to do every single good thing that it's possible to do. It's not our responsibility and it's not even practical to try; it leads to burnout. Take care of yourself and your family and then the rest will take care of itself.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do we try to help others see the light as it were concerning Watchtower OR do we just let it go and move on with our life?

Most of the time you can't really help them until they come to you. If you chose to be an vocal "advocate", prepare to be DFd. And personally, I think that keeps you from talking to any who might have doubts and want to approach you about why you left. (Even be cautious there!!!!)

Just go move on with your lives. Life is short. The End IS NEAR. That is, YOUR END. You only get a few short years/decades of life here, so go!!! Just do it!!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life! ~ Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't know where we would be without this board and you members..?? Probably still stuck in that nefarious, soul sucking religion. Either way thank you all for the help over the past year. It's about time to take your advice and move on.

I didn't get a chance to know many of you but I wish you all the best in life. Hopefully soon we will see Watchtower's end. Until then, live the best you can cause life is too short to be miserable. Drive fast and take chances. Drink lots of stuff and eat well. 🤗🤗🤗

Giving that statement a "like" is just not enough! That's one of the greatest summaries that I've read. Move on!
  • Arthur Others
    Arthur Others
    Do we try to help others see the light as it were concerning Watchtower OR do we just let it go and move on with our life?

I think this is a decision for each person, but I do have an experience of wanting help from someone I knew, and they weren't in the position to help me. There was this woman that I was good friends with, and after a few years she was DF'd. Seeing how our JW friends treated her and how others treated her was one of the things that woke me up. So a few months after her being DF'd she reached out to me over text message and it was a small quick conversation. More time passed and I really needed to talk to someone about leaving the JW organization, so I reached out to her to meet up in person, since I didn't want to put anything in text message. She still has family that are JW's and I wasn't sure if she would tell them I was having doubts. She said she'll get back to me, but I never heard from her after that. As far as I know she's still DF'd. I don't blame her for not helping at all. I can understand where she was coming from, but doing it on your own can be tough, which is why I'm thankful for the stories and advice that people share on this site.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Is it morally wrong to put on your own oxygen mask first before helping others with theirs during an airplane depressurization emergency?

Is it morally wrong to keep get your loved ones and yourself on a lifeboat on a sinking ship, especially when everyone else is ignoring the ship taking on water?

Is it morally wrong to sweet talk a rabid dog by offering it a treat so it doesn't bite you, so you can get away from it, and then maybe call animal control later?

Take care of yourself and your own first. Worry about everyone else once your head is clear.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

We just want to move on. Is that wrong? - absolutely not.

I can understand it when people stay in to help close family members leave the cult but, generally speaking, you and I aren't responsible for other people trapped in the cult.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What's "morally wrong", was for that ignorant asshole of an Elduh to make such an incredibly false, and totally heartless comment about the loss of your child. I would have kicked that guys ass right to the curb if he had said that to me or my wife. What a dumbass!!! They'd NEVER get back in my house after such treatment. NEVER.

• flipper
    flipper

DARK KNIGHT- You and your wife deserve happiness and indeed it's NOT wrong to move on from the JW cult- in fact it Is the thing to do to save your sanity and free yourself and your wife. You will have freedom of mind by thinking for yourself outside of the WT mindset and your life will become sane and peaceful again I promise. Don't give away your power to the elders. They have no right or no justification to intrude into your life. They only have as much power as WE give them. Do not give the elders any power or control over you and your wife's life- then the elders will eventually stop calling. Ignore their calls, don't answer them. If you answer the phone and it's them- tell them you've said all you're going to say and hang up on them if you must if they won't stop. It's what I did and they stopped bothering me in 2003 . Take care, we are here as a support to you friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit