Is it morally wrong to put Watchtower behind?

by Darkknight757 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

With our latest and final run in with the elders, the wife and I had a very long talk about what's next in our life. Do we try to help others see the light as it were concerning Watchtower OR do we just let it go and move on with our life? We have made it perfectly clear that we will never go back to Watchtower and we are finally happy.

Recently we had the elders over and they wanted to return to discuss some of the many reasons we won't be going back. After a long talk the wife and I agreed that it serves no purpose to have those idiots over, especially since the one guy said that our baby loss was because "God knew we couldn't handle having a baby with Armageddon so close." Personally I'm just very tired. Tired of studying a religion that we are never going back to. Tired of defending why we made this choice to leave the Watchtower. We just want to move on. Is that wrong?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DK: We just want to move on. Is that wrong?

Absolutely not

Just do it. You owe it to yourself. The org is just a bad debt - write it off and look to greener pastures

• Ding
    Ding

What you choose to do is up to you.

My own decision is that if any JW is open to question what the GB says, I'll try to help them.

If they just want to parrot the WT line, I move on.

• cofty
    cofty
    Do we try to help others see the light as it were concerning Watchtower OR do we just let it go and move on with our life?

Move on with a passion and don't look back.

Everybody is responsible for their own journey. Your priority is the happiness and success of yourself and your family. Maybe in years to come you will look back and decide you have something to say to JWs that might help. Enjoy your freedom and be happy.

• cofty
    cofty
    one guy said that our baby loss was because "God knew we couldn't handle having a baby with Armageddon so close."

You don't need that kind of crass stupidity in your life.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I agree with cofty - that may be the dumbest most insensitive comment that I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Good grief what is wrong with those idiots??

You don't owe them everything. The fact that you and your wife are in agreement and have made a decision is fantastic. You obviously know all too well how fragile life is, don't waste anymore time and effort on those people or that religion.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Darkknight said: After a long talk the wife and I agreed that it serves no purpose to have those idiots over

Bingo! Darkknight, you and your wife are 100% correct, spot on here. And I completely agree with cofty.

It is not wrong to want to move on, to move as far away from something that drains all of your energy. You owe them nothing. If you stay, you will only become ill. Love yourself and your wife. Get the hell away from this cancer.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

I get on with my life...no problem, but i will kick em in the teeth every opportunity sometimes gently and sometimes hard hitting depending on their attitude and response. The organization they they are enslaved to deserves no mercy, they have wrecked lives ,split families, have blood on their hands and continue to seek new converts to their non inspired error driven hypocritical bullshit !!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I think you deserve some peace and happiness,

Experience tells me that that will only be accomplished by

Moving on,

Peace

:0)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

With so much stupidity and disingenuous lying corruption orchestrated by this religoius publishing house its no wonder its dying out.

The WTS. tries to allure people through fear, ignorance, lying and so forth, only to be exploited for labor such as distributing the WTS's literature to the public or building the WTS real estate holdings and donating money etc.

All proclaimed to appease Jehovah (God)

The WTS was established to cultivate power and control by a few opportunistic endeavoring men.

The WTS heads proclaim inside the organization its spiritual paradise of wholesomeness and purity , outside of the organization its all evil, pointless and self destructive.

In reality the Watchtower Corporation is an exercise in exploitation and manipulative Charlatanism, marketed as being uniquely truthful and honest.

Its not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit