For Dog Lovers-- Meet Stanley!

by Sail Away 21 Replies latest social humour

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed meeting Stanley.

I don't mean to be such a cat person on a dog thread, but I have a cat who's not very bright.

When we snuggle in bed and he hears my husband sneeze on the other side of the house, he feels threatened and growls! In four years he has not learned that a sneeze is not out to kill him.

Poor kitty, always on alert, but I wuvs em, anyhow.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Sorry to be so late in getting back to this thread!

Cangie, LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Give a call sometime this weekend. We need to catch up!

rebelfighter, my daughter and son-in-law have to labs. The same thing happened to them. The first time I saw the size of the pups paws, I knew they were in trouble-- now 120 lbs. each! So sorry your baby was traumatized by the boat. :(

panhandlegirl, nice to see you back on the forum! Yes, we love them no matter what! My shih tzu poodle mix Emma is the first dog I actually paid for. I always had rescue dogs/cats before her, but decided I was getting too old to deal with large dogs with issues. I trained her from a pup, and she is the best dog I have ever had!

Diane

GrreatTeacher, some sneezes can be intimidating! My husband's is so loud it rattles the roof. One of his Bethel buddies back in the day referred to it as "the call of the wild pit mongoose". I kid you not. Glad you wuz your kitty anyway! My favorite cat was named Oliver. He looked like he was wearing a tux and was a love. RIP Ollie Cat.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Sailaway,

It was pontoon with an electric motor never went over 10 mph as it turned out she did not even like puddles of water. She did not like bathes. She did not like the rain. Plain and simple she did like anything wet. But she was a sweetheart.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You mentioned that you have no idea of Stanley's early life. I think it is quite likely he was severely ignored or even abused during his youth, resulting in what in humans is called "failure to thrive" syndrome. I am not saying this as a "put down" of Stanley, but in his brain certain cognitive circuits were never developed. That doesn't make him any less adorable, and it doesn't mean that the love you offer him is not returned a hundredfold in his heart.

"Good Boy, Stanley! Go find Doctor Livingston!"

• cantleave
    cantleave

Here's our little rescue project.....Cookie

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

rebelfighter, my little girl refuses to go out in the rain; it messes up her beautiful curls!

Nathan Natas, I agree that Stanley was likely abused or neglected as a pup. He is not my dog. I just wanted to share his story because it made me laugh and warmed my heart. Every single one of my rescue dgs and cats had behavioral issues and quirks. It is understandable since they were likely abused or abandonned. Dogs thrive on love and are bonded to their family.

can'tleave, Cookie looks so full of joy! Rescue animals can bring us so much happiness. It's worth embracing their quirks.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Sailaway,

Messes up her beautiful curls. I love it. They all have their own little habits that we just love.

At Christmas one year I put a ring with bells on it on the inside of the door knob. This same dog decided instead of barking to go out she would ring the bells. So when Christmas was over this item had to stay.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Stanley looks like a nice dog. Sometimes the dumb ones are the sweetest. I have a dog named Layla that is as dumb as a box of rocks. But I love her anyhow. After all, I'm dumb as a bag of hammers and my wife loves me anyway...

The big goofy looking dog is Layla, The smaller black dog is Buster. The cute lady holding them is Mrs. Bandit:

TB-

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Rebelfighter, my Emma rings a little bell to go out and clangs a ship's bell to come in-- so much better than whining, barking or scratching!

TimeBandit, thanks sharing, and I'm glad your wife loves ya anyway!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Sailaway,

I love the bell ringing I had never heard of it before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit