Muhammad is my savior!

by d0rkyd00d 60 Replies latest jw friends

• JohnClarinet
    JohnClarinet

Dear Thp,

I have shown you the facts, do you still hold on to your child/human sacrifice accusation?

You:
    You wouldn't know what facts are even if it hit you square in the face I'm afraid.

Me:
    Strange you should accuse me of such stuff when Jews then and now don't even practise child sacrifice which you now accuse them of. Therefore sad to say you must mean yourself here.

You:
    I have shown you from the factual scriptures

Me:
    Please don't amuse me. The real fact is Jews don't sacrifice their children and they most certainly do not have such instructions from God. I have already shown you the Scriptures that God is against it and all you have shown are misrepresentation of Scripture to suit your a priori.

You:
    and all you've done is speculate around some of them so that it suits your idea that God is absolutely up in arms over these sacrifices.

Me:
    Again you amuse me.

You:
    Lev.27:2, 10, 28-29
    Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow ... he shall not alter it, nor change it, a good for a bad, or a bad for a good.... no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast ... shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD. None devoted, which shall be devoted of men, shall be redeemed; but shall surely be put to death.

Me:
    A vow to who? Is it not to the Lord? If you made a marriage vow and you do not keep it and suffer the consequences, what more breaking a vow to God? Therefore one should avoid making vows if one cannot keep it. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Problem is, man is to inconsistent to keep/promise anything, what more vows.

You:
    Notice how God demands both man and beast to be put to death if devoted.

Me:
    Notice how God treats vows seriously, lying to your fellow men is a serious matter but lying to God is even more serious. We even practise such similar laws today. They are known as contractual laws. When one breaks it one has to suffer the consequences.

You:
    2 Sam.21:1, 8-9, 14
    Then there was a famine in the days of David three years, year after year; and David enquired of the LORD. And the LORD answered, It is for Saul, and for his bloody house, because he slew the Gibeonites.... The king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul ... And he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD....And after that God was intreated for the land.

Me:
    And who demanded this act? Is it not the Gibeonites as a recompense to Saul's breach of the "contract" the Israelites had made with the Gibeonites? So how can you blame God for something that the Gibeonites did? Did God demanded it? Like the analogy of the TV you stole. Just because you gave to me as a gift and me not knowing that you stole it does that mean I'm liable too? And again, where does it state that God accepted the sacrifice? Are you not assuming here?

You:
    In this instance human sacrifice was the way to please God, once hung up God was happy.

Me:
    Again I'm amused. If you had actually read the verses you quoted you'll notice that it is the Gibeoinites who did it as a breach of contract on the part of Israel. So why do you include God here when in actual fact it is Gibeaonites who were involved.

You:
    Num.31:25-29
    And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the sum of the prey that was taken, both of man and of beast, thou, and Eleazar the priest, and the chief fathers of the congregation: And divide the prey into two parts; between them that took the war upon them, who went out to battle, and between all the congregation: And levy a tribute unto the Lord of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: Take it of their half, and give it unto Eleazar the priest, for an heave offering of the LORD.

Me:
    Who's the speculative one then? Where does it state that those persons that were assigned to the priest were sacrificed? It mere states offering. Even gold are offerings (please read Numbers 31 in totality) so are the gold offerings sacrificed? LOL!

You:
    Don't forget that once devoted to God he want's 'em dead, lucky for Eleazar he only needed to butcher one in five hundred.

Me:
    Who's the forgetful one here? Offerings to the Lord are in many modes - silver, gold, animals, grain,etc - they are all given to the Priests or in today's case, the church. Do they priests sacrifice the silver and gold? Is there any account that Jews were sacrificing humans like the Incas? Like I said, I am amused by you.

You:
    These are the facts and I still hold on to my accustion that God gladly accepts child/human sacrifice's at least in the old testament era.

Me:
    The veteran Japs still claim that they are the victims in WW2 and bombing Pearl Harbour is a legitimate act of war. Even though the facts show otherwise their a priori tells them that they are "correct". The Bible verses you have shown speaks nothing of God accepting human sacrifice. Instead you had to resort to misrepresentation of Scripture to suit your a priori. If misrepresentation is "truth" for you then you are no better than the veteran Japs. Enough said.

God Bless,
    John

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit