A weekend of bitter and unhappy apostasy......

by expatbrit 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

[email protected] funny. And how true!!!!!!!!

I'm with you any day.

Cheers, and BTW............that belch made it all the way to Australia.

Bliss (-;

• shamus
    shamus

Even Jesus took a day off... the Duds can't.

Have a beer for me!

Shamus.

• outnfree
    outnfree

OK - wait!

Why does this Ken Little guy's name ring a bell? Was/is he a CO? a DO? a Bethelite? -- medium height, light brown hair? possibly glasses? Why am I also thinking a light tan suit?

Amyway, expat -- I didn't know you had roses! So you ARE a rather romantic curmudgeon, aren't ya? I thought so! (except for the belching part.....)

out

• Scully
    Scully

outnfree:

Why does this Ken Little guy's name ring a bell? Was/is he a CO? a DO? a Bethelite? -- medium height, light brown hair? possibly glasses? Why am I also thinking a light tan suit?

Ken Little = Branch Coordinator, Canada. About 5'5" - 5'6". Brown hair. Slight build. Has one of those evil-looking (I am being facetious, hold the flames please!) skinny teeth (upper right[?] side of the smile; it has been 19 years since I last saw him face-to-face). Frequently addresses audiences at District Conventions.

Love, Scully

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

expat, you're a man after my own heart. Have another one for me.

Stay hard, keep jamming and we'll see ya down the road.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I still feel like the best weekends out there are when all the witnesses are hating it at the assembly.

Still love Tuesday and Thursday nights. Weekend mornings without service or a meeting are pretty good too.

• avengers
    avengers

Pizza and beer for tonight. I have the beer. Now just to order the pizza. What an idea!

I was just thinking of the convention going on this weekend here in Holland.
    My ex, my 3 daughters, 2 sons in law, mother in law, and one grandson of 1 year are smothering away (read frying) in the hot sun inside a convention hall without airco. Poor poor souls, while I'm sitting here talking about pizza and beer.
    I can remember being at the convention where the temp. would rise to 38, 39 degrees celcius. Hot.
    But keep your tie on for Jehovah. Then you see brothers as paramedic running with a stretcher 'cause someone is overheating.
    That last convention I went to, many bit the dust that way.

ggrrrr......Andy

• smurfette
    smurfette

Who wants pizza and beer when you could be enjoying a refreshing generic soda, a hoagie, and a pudding cup. Oh don't forget the fruit bag. Yum Yum! I don't know if that's what they served everywhere but it was always the same fare in MN. The food and badly lip synched dramas are all I really remember anymore. I must have finally blocked the rest out.

• SYN
    SYN

I can feel the bitterness all the way over on this side of the world...wow...you should really get some therapy for that Can't have one of our favourite Apostates getting bitter all by himself! If I'm ever in beautiful Canada we should definitely go a Convention for an hour or so and laugh at all the mindless bibblebabble, eh?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Expat!!! I feel your hurt.. Has the family all disappeared to the assembly?They will probably discuss with all they meet how you are "really in the world now you have left" Just keep in mind the last time we saw Kenny ( at court last year) He looked dejected with old Glenny boy!!!
    Chin up Darling!! Its not over till the fat lady sings -I am taking voice lessens....((((HUG))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit