A weekend of bitter and unhappy apostasy......

by expatbrit 22 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

......like, whatever!

This is district convention weekend in my area. Of course, I'm not there!

Now, I know that in the good old days, I would get up early, drive to Hamilton (an unpleasant place), sit all day on an uncomfortable plastic chair with no legroom and listen to the usual boring tripe regurgitated from last year, with only a short break to eat dull sandwiches. Then I'd drive all the way home, tired and cranky and hungry, eat something and go to bed, knowing that I would get to repeat the whole sordid process the next day!

Well, what's a guy to do when he no longer has that level of spiritual joy in his life?

I'll tell you what he's to do! Yesterday I ordered $50 worth of pizza and wings which will last me the entire weekend. There is beer in the fridge, and new releases from Blockbuster next to the TV. Probably the most strenous thing I will do today is step outside the front door to admire my roses.

So, all you joyful Witnesses giving God glory by snoozing uncomfortably in Hamilton, spare some sympathy for a poor lost apostate whiling away the weekend in unspiritual pursuits.

Oh, and Kenny Little, this pizza-and-beer-laden belch is dedicated to you! RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expatbrit

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Spiritual food at the proper time.....now don't go glutting yourself on that fine spiritual feast!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Too bad I don't have the weekend off or I'd join you! Sounds like you're having FUN!

~Aztec

• Xena
    Xena
    Then I'd drive all the way home, tired and cranky and hungry

lol crankier than usual???? GOOD GOD.....there is probably joy in mudville tonight that you DON'T go to the conventions anymore!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Oh Jehovah save me...this caramel sundae with chocolate and pecans is so good it must be from Satan......

Expatbrit

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sounds good!

We are having another convention in our city this weekend. If I had the nerve, I'd go hang out where the dubs eat and cause a ruckus.

• Scully
    Scully

expatbrit...... you really know how to live it up!!

with you in spirits
    Love, Scully (vice president of the Ken Little anti-fan club)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I'll tell you what he's to do! Yesterday I ordered $50 worth of pizza and wings which will last me the entire weekend. There is beer in the fridge, and new releases from Blockbuster next to the TV. Probably the most strenous thing I will do today is step outside the front door to admire my roses.

Ahhhh. Now, that's the sort of life I like.

We had some nonJW/exJW friends come over last night, and it was great. No hangups, no talking about bad times, just having fun with normal people.

Now, it's morning, I slept through the hangover, and I had a nice cup of tea while watching a documentary on the civil war. Life is good.

ash

• micheal
    micheal
    Then I'd drive all the way home, tired and cranky and hungry

Are you telling me you didn't with joy and glee go over all your wonderful, new, exciting notes with the rest of your car group on the way home?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Smirking .. I wonder if I went to Copps right now, how long it would take for an all points bulletin to go out to the special attendants?

I wonder if I would be asked to leave? hmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit