How MEAN is God?

by ninecharger 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

In our pre Witless days we didn't go to church at all. But my Mom used her own homespun wisdom to comfort us.

One time my pet rabbit died. She told me that God had taken him to his big garden in heaven to be with all the other dead pets, where Jesus would play with them.

I figured that if God had so many other animals to play with he didn't need my rabbit too. God was just a mean rat fink.

Did you ever get told things either as a nunbeliever or in your Jerboa's Witlessness chilhood that made you wonder if God really was the all singing-dancing Daddy? What really made you suspect a dark side?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I think the thing about the spear through the genitals made we wonder.

Expatbrit

• frogit
    frogit

I think the thing about the spear through the genitals made we wonder.

Wow that brought tears to my eyes........

Why would jesus play with a dead rabbit?

frogit

• wednesday
    wednesday

the part whree Lot offers his daughters up to a mob, and the angels do not tell him what a Ass*ole he is. I always thought God would have the angles set Lot straight right away.

• seedy3
    seedy3

"How mean is God?"

Well let's just consider one of my all time favorite evangilists Pat Robertson and the KK Kristian Koalition. His pet project the 700 club is a wonder that never ceases to amaze me, I have at times watched it and wondered where this idiot comes up with this crap, but he often comments on the "Love" that the Lard has for his creation hereon earth. This is a comment he made in 1985 about the destruction of the canaanites and why it was a loving thing he had done.

"The wars of extermination have given a lot of people trouble unless they know what was going on. The people in the land of Palestine were very wicked. They were given over to idolatry; they sacrificed their children; they had all kinds of abominable sex practices; they were having sex, apparently, with animals; they were having sex men with men, and women with women; they were committing adultery, fornication; they were worshipping idols, offering their children up; and they were forsaking God.
    "God told the Israelites to kill them all -- men, women and children, to destroy them. And that seems to be a terrible thing to do. Is it? Or isn't it?"
    "Well, let us assume there were 2,000 of them, or 10,000 of them living in the land, or whatever number there was of them. I don't have the exact number. Pick a number. God said, 'Kill them all.'
    "Well, that would seem hard, wouldn't it? That would be 10,000 people who would probably go to Hell. But, if they stayed and reproduced, in 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 or 100 more years, they could conceivably be -- 10,000 would go to a 100,000 -- 100,000 could conceivably go to a million. And then, there would be a million people who would have to spend eternity in Hell! And it's far more merciful to take away a few than to see in the future a 100 years down the road, and say, 'Well, I have to take away a million people that would forever be apart from God, ' because the abomination was there like a contagium. God saw that there was no cure for it. It wasn't going to change; their hearts weren't going to change; and all they would do is cause trouble for the Israelites, and pull the Israelites away from God, and prevent the truth of God from reaching the Earth."
    "So, God, in love, took away a small number that he might not have to take away a large number."
    --Pat Robertson, "The 700 Club" May 6, 1985

Gosh............. such love he has for us here on earth, such free will we have, such understanding and forgivness this almighty god has, and look at the wisdom in his thinking.

Seedy

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

God's a bad motha... shut yo' mouth! What? I'm just talking bout the lord! i can dig it!

CZAR

• greven
    greven

Seedy:

But, if they stayed and reproduced, in 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 or 100 more years, they could conceivably be -- 10,000 would go to a 100,000 -- 100,000 could conceivably go to a million. And then, there would be a million people who would have to spend eternity in Hell! And it's far more merciful to take away a few than to see in the future a 100 years down the road, and say, 'Well, I have to take away a million people that would forever be apart from God, ' because the abomination was there like a contagium. God saw that there was no cure for it. It wasn't going to change; their hearts weren't going to change; and all they would do is cause trouble for the Israelites, and pull the Israelites away from God, and prevent the truth of God from reaching the Earth."
    "So, God, in love, took away a small number that he might not have to take away a large number."
    --Pat Robertson, "The 700 Club" May 6, 1985

This Pat Robertson made one big mistake here didn't he? According to his reasoning God should have destroyed Adam, Eve and the Devil right on the spot in Eden instead of letting them procreate. He could have taken a small number so that he wouldn't have to take away a large number later, be that in Hell or Armageddon. Ha! He shot himself in the foot! How could God determine that there was no cure for it? Didn't those children had free will?

What made me doubt the 'love' of God:

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (1Sam 15:2-3).

Greven

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

In the Methodist Church I attended, every kid got a big colorful storybook Bible when they went into 1st Grade. I remember opening mine up to a full-page picture of Abraham standing over his son with a big knife because God had told him to sacrifice him. Fortunately, there was an Angel holding onto his wrist (Whew!) - but I remember thinking, man, I hope God doesn't tell my Dad to sacrifice me!!! All these years later, that picture still haunts me.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Regarding Me

After two years of studying the Babble with the Witlessness I think god was really mean when he knew my older brother had 'arranged' to to meet another boy from high School in the local park with me. My "lovely" brother left me ( they said " turn your back NOW" - I was always defiant and arrogant so I didn't fully, I peeped - why can I still see those coins dropping and not want to scream??) with this guy who put me through utter degraded misery. (I was 9)

After running away I got home to find my brother drinking Coke and eating candy. ( we were never given money for that sort of thing - we were POOR) but Mom found out about it because Big Brother told her what I said to him after I escaped - (Brother got his own version in first He - ain't a Dub, never was); I was made to feel shame that "every time I go into the store I know they've been talking about that incident" I knew that I was to stay silent... The worst was one Sunday when this boy cycled past the Kindumb Hell as we came out - I just spontaneously vomited in the street. Lots of public sympathy, but did I get trouble when the front door closed!!

I was told never to discuss this with anyone as I would be "showing the family" up.

My brother told our Mom before I had the chance to overcome my guilt shame and fear (I had grasped what DF means even at 9.) Recently I confronted my brother about this and all he could say was: "That's not the way I remember it."

Am I being a true vengeful bastard???

N

• micheal
    micheal

Anytime ANYONE kills, destroys, murders, hurts an INNOCENT child is one mean.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit