suicide

by zeb 41 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Three -

Were told that KH funeral talk was not possible under the circumstances [so as not to draw attention to the Borg]

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Two.

Both were wives of elders.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

At least 5 that I can think of immediately. Two were actual brothers, under 30, and both suffered with mental illnesses.

One a young woman from my own group of friends, in very early 20s.

An elder, very intelligent, had rebelled slightly and become a school teacher but ‘in good standing’ because of his connections.

Actually last one was a multiple attemptee. Including hurling herself from at least 4th floor of a block of flats. Survived. 2 kids under 10 at the time.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Two - one was kind of a big deal in the JW world. No one but family knew it was a suicide.

The other was a guy I knew from my hall that had been df'ed for some time. Not sure what happened there.

I know of multiple failed suicide attempts. At least 4 right off the top of my head.

@stuckinarut that must have been absolutely horrible for that teen's parents.

• Teufel
    Teufel

No, but i've known a few who's attempted.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I knew several

• TD
    TD

Who among us has known a jw who has committed suicide.

I've known way too many. One was a family member

Another was very public.....

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

So, sadly one of my former friends passed away last night.. only info I have is he died in his sleep ,he was early 40s elder and awesome person, he suffered from depression and also type 1 diabetes and since his passing I've have thought about something he said to me once that "it would be easy for him to not take his meds and go to sleep and not wake up " now it may not be suicide but sad nonetheless.

A PO's son 18 ended his life after a minor run in with the law , another witness I knew drove his car off a cliff 2 years ago his last words to his wife were "see you in the new system "

Our country has one of the worst rates of suicide, it needs to be talked about more

• freddo
    freddo

Several.

Of the following four successful attempts one was was actually in my congregation.

Four who were "active" baptized publishers at the time of suicide. 1. One brother used a car exhaust; 2. A sister took an overdose of drink and pills. 3. Another brother hanged himself in the garden shed. Each one left teenage or adult kids.

4. The final one (single - no kids) was early twenties and he locked himself in a walk-in cupboard and overdosed on pills and drink.

Then there are those on the periphery of JW'ism. (Relatives of JW's or ex JW's or brought up as JW's)

One jumped from a high bridge, one gassed himself in a kitchen oven.

Then there are those who you aren't sure whether it was a suicide attempt or being high on a drug/drink cocktail or did they "jump" or "fall" from the balcony or building.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Know of a young brother in his 20s who committed suicide after getting totally shitfaced drunk after being depressed and sought help about giving in to his homosexual inclinations. Confessed and sought help from some JO brother who happened to be the most gossipy jerk imaginable. Of course, that brother went straight to the Elders (and nearly everyone else in the circuit -- "haha you ain't gonna believe this sh!t") with the "confession". He ODd on Rx drugs either before or right after (don't recall exactly) his judicial meeting.

Nice guy. Just happened to be gay. Not much worse you can be in the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit